Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just attempted my first session of Zaino on my 02 RRP and the strangest thing happened. I applied the Z1 and Z2 as normal and expected my usual 1 hr. drying time. I went to check and discovered it was still to wet and smeared easily. So I gave it two more hours and still no change. Hmmm. four hours later and no change. Now, 29 hrs. later and hardly and change at all. I wonder if this stuff has a limited shelf life or something. I've done the full treatment on my Camry three times with this same batch of material and it always came out beautiful. Whats up with this stuff. In a panic mode I went ahead and removed as much as I could tonight but it still leaves an oily and streaky residue. Absolutley looks like s..t!!! Any suggestions or similar experiences out there.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
(I picture the photo of a beater 82 Cavalier covered with homemade flames with the caption: "When Zaino goes bad". Sorry. Just had to say it.)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
Hi all. I just attempted my first session of Zaino on my 02 RRP and the strangest thing happened. I applied the Z1 and Z2 as normal and expected my usual 1 hr. drying time. I went to check and discovered it was still to wet and smeared easily. So I gave it two more hours and still no change. Hmmm. four hours later and no change. Now, 29 hrs. later and hardly and change at all. I wonder if this stuff has a limited shelf life or something. I've done the full treatment on my Camry three times with this same batch of material and it always came out beautiful. Whats up with this stuff. In a panic mode I went ahead and removed as much as I could tonight but it still leaves an oily and streaky residue. Absolutley looks like s..t!!! Any suggestions or similar experiences out there.

</font>
The only things I can think of would be if the Z-2 had frozen and/or if the weather has been very cool and damp since you applied it. Is either of those likely?

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
The only things I can think of would be if the Z-2 had frozen and/or if the weather has been very cool and damp since you applied it. Is either of those likely?

</font>
Hi Chuck. Yea, it is both cooler and damper than any of the other times that I used the product. It doesn't seem overly damp though. I did notice a slight amount of what looked like beading when I was applying the Z1. I thought it was a bit strange and couldn't remember if it was that way on earlier uses. We have had a lot of rain over the past two months and the Zaino was kept in the garage. Maybe that Z1 is a water magnet and absorbs moisture. I'll make sure I use fresh product on the next coats and see what happens. Thanks for the response.

Adam1991 - Good one!

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

[This message has been edited by tomhan (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as a follow up, I put on a second coat of Z2 and it was just fine. Began to haze within 15 minuets. I looks like my original bottle of Z1 must have absorbed alot of moisture from setting out in the damp garage.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

1 - 5 of 5 Posts