Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard fom my dealer that havasu blue production has been postponed... Has anyone else heard this. I'm asking for a RRP, but they aren't sure when they can get me one. Argh! I've been waiting forever.

lisa

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heard same thing from my dealer. Been waiting since October for Havasu Blue. Told it would be April/May. Now they don't when they will be in. Said it wouldn't be here by the end of May. Decided to go with RRP. Disappointed- but excited to get new van!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay! I just heard from my dealer (Ralph Schomp), and they are going to try to get me a van in about a month since I've been waiting since August. If they put me at the bottom of the list, I'd be waiting till July. I hope they aren't messing with me.

------------------

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey folks,

I am seeing our Albuquerque dealer (Perfection) seems to have a couple of ODYs on their lot from time to time. This last weekend they had a RRP EX I believe.

Give them a call (505-822-8500) if interested.

Good luck

------------------
NM Dust(MB)ODY-Navi
95 Volvo Turbo Wagon,
91 Mitsu GSX
83 Volvo Turbo Wagon

·
Registered
108 Posts
Havasu Delays

Spoke to my dealer and he says it is to arrive in May. Asked him about the perceived postponement and he has heard nothing about it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If we are to assume that most car salespeople will lie to make a sale, and by lying they can sell you a car now instead of May, they're going to lie. A lot can happen to make a customer back out of a deal or switch dealers between now and May.

On the other hand, if I were Honda, and production is maxed out already, what's the point of adding another color? It won't help them sell any more cars, because they're selling all they can build. To me, it seems like it would just be an unnecessary expense. And it is expensive - dealers have to stock HB bumpers, trim parts, etc. If Honda doesn't need to boost sagging sales, then why waste the money, except to prove that they keep their word?

If I were betting on it, though, I'd bet that the dealers are lying, and that Honda will build some HB Odysseys, just like they said they would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Understood but..........

I have bought several cars with this dealership and the salesperson and he would let me know if he knew what was going on. He knows we are buying an odyssey, he is not making a penny off of the sale (we are getting at exactly MSRP), so I understand your point but at this time I am giving the deal the benefit of the doubt.

I would also think they would know since they are the largest volume dealer in the state.

Matt

1999 Accord EX

·
Registered
628 Posts
Excuse me Matt, but I think you have a misunderstanding of MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price). HE /They are making about 336,000 pennies ($3360) off of you if your new Odyssey's is sold to you for $28,000 and he/they receive a normal markup of 12% (not counting hold back fees that they also receive as an additional profit).

You might be confused in thinking that he/they were selling it to you at invoice, but even then they are making $1000's off of you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have two deposits down with dealers that have good reviews in the forums. One of them Spreen said they are getting one HB Apr 1 and one May 1 (ours). So we should know very soon if HB's are really coming out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
MSRP

I am sure the dealer is making some $$$ from me, but to get the EX with DVD for $30, 190 (not including tax), I am pretty satisfied. Especially since some of my friends are paying a few thousand more for the exact vehicle.

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked to a local dealer in the Bay Area (CA) and he indicated that HB cars are due out of the plant 4/27 - 5/1. He expected his cars to be at his dealership around the 3rd week in May. He mentioned both AL and Canada plants but was not specific. His allotment was one NAV and one RES in the HB. That was it. He couldn't understand what all the excitement was over a color that no one has seen yet. Anyway, he said that if he had the cars now he would sell them at $1,500 over MSRP. Although I am looking for a HB RES, I did not get on his list!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My dealer just called to say that we can have an HB EXL-RES in April or May. We have been holding out for TW, which is surprisingly hard to come by. :confused: :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in Maryland, but thanks to the Odyclub members, heard that they were selling Odyssey's for less in Ohio. I sent out a few emails to a few dealers and found a Havasu Blue LX Odyssey for 23990 including delivery. The build date is end of April/beginning of May. They anticipate delivery at Voss Honda (937-667-4441 Keith Bricker) to be mid-May. I will fly out there and drive it back to save almost $1000!!!!

Thanks again Odyclub!

-Dave Harry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts