Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am wondering when the Havasu Blue Odysseys will be available. Anybody know anything about this, or seen any on the roads? The brochures say Spring 2002, and that's getting awfully close. Any information appreciated!! Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Unless this color has been available previously, I saw a 2002 yesterday. I didn't know what it was until remembering the bottom color chart here on this site. It's kind of a robin's egg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I read somewhere April 2002, but maybe that was just an estimate and some are out already? I'll keep my eyes open, as I usually am checking out any Ody that goes by anyway...

------------------
hoping for an Ody!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Haven't seen one yet in Arizona either. Reminds me of my neighbor's Land Rover Disco II in 'burnt orange'...went back east and the local dealership swore that color never saw production...perhaps the 'blue' may be regional? Better yet I had a unmarked Crown Vic in medium brown, went to the dealership for touch up paint and they told me the color does not exist!

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was my wife's first choice when we were buying last December. Most dealers I talked to said they couldn't get it until April. A few said February if we were lucky.

We settled for GG instead.

-- Hoa

------------------
GG '02 EX-L NAVI

·
Registered
108 Posts
We are on the "list" to get a 2002 EX in Havasu Blue. We were told we would get it in the spring if our dealer does not kill us first as we have changed our minds numerous times in reference to color. I fear that the Havasu Blue may be too light. I prefer the darker blue that is shown on this board but I don't believe the 2002's come in this color any more.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Just a warning for you Havasu Blue buyers. Having not seen the actual color yet, I can only speculate that it is a metallic color. As such, it may suffer to some degree to the same blotchy paint problems as the Starlight Silver Odys. Silvers and light blue metallic colors tend to show uneven spray patterns worse than other colors. Just a fair warning for you to look, so the rest of us don't have to read your whining paint problem posts later!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have never seen Havasu Blue yet either, but if it is like Chryslers light blue metallic, it should be beautiful.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
33 Posts
I gave up the wait and agreed to take a RRP model instead. It should hopefully be in next week. I figured that even with production starting sometime soon, there was a good chance of waiting until 'special' requests were accomodated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts