Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Touring purchased from new. We traded in my wife's 2003 Dodge GC which I hated and I couldn't be more thrilled with the Odyssey. We have 4 kids and my wife's family is near Seattle, so we have made the round trip from Bay Area several times in complete comfort (versus complete misery and endless complaints in the GC). Amazing what a simple DVD player can do and shoud be a mandatory (free) upgrade for anyone with kids.

I came across this forum while searching for wheel upgrade options and I was very interested to learn about the PAX tire issues and the drive for many people to get rid of these.

I now feel very fortunate that the dealer did not have any PAX vehicles on the lot at the time I purchased my vehicle in Nov 2007 as this seemed an appealing option at the time. Sorry for you folks having to deal with this issue.

Run flats on long haul family vehicles is a good thing, but what was Michelin thinking to develop such a unique system when most manufacturers have traditional, side wall reinforced run flats that require no special handling as far as I am aware. Even Michelin now has ZP versions (zero pressure)

I recall Michelin tried something simllar 30 or so years ago with TRX tires on BMWs. They were metric sized (for example 390mm rim which is 15.4"), forcing the owner to use their tires as a 15" or 16" tire could not be installed.

Anyway, very interesting reading on this PAX fiasco. Hopefully I will have new 18" setup on my Touring soon so wiill have the OEM 17" available for someone that is looking to DePax.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What rims are you thinking of getting? I didn't even realize the 08s had 17" rims!

I want 18" rims as well... however I don't have much of a budget so I might settle for 17s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the 2008 non PAX Touring came with 5 spoke 17" x 7" as standard.

MDX recent model years have a couple of 5 spoke 18" x 8" wheels which are also 5 spoke designs but with a different look, but look good on the Odyssey and fill out the wheel wells nicely. You can find pictures if you search through other treads on subject of DePaxing.

But the touring 17" wheels are also a good step up if you have standard 16" wheels which can look a bit undersized for the van.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts