Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning we got a survey in the mail by J.D.POWER and Assoctiates. New vehicle Quality survey. Is asking us about the new Honda Odyssey and if we have had any problems with it. I was wondering if you guys have recevied anything in the mail like this? Ofcourse i did put the Low battery. Should i summit it? We are planning to make the complain over the phone tomorrow about the low battery. The dealership said they shoud have a fix by this summer i have no idea if it's true or not. I hope so because i am afraid to take a long trip with it! thanks so much.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was called and asked to take a 3 minute phone quiz, which was then followed-up with email and a link to on-line "Honda" survey. The phone questionnaire was specific to the dealer, the on-line form included questions about the overall experience, including quality control.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I hope so because i am afraid to take a long trip with it! thanks so much.:)
Why? The low battery indication is not a defect. It is just telling you you haven't driven enough to keep the battery at full charge. Letting it sit for a couple days will allow the battery to self discharge slightly and turn the light on. Run it down the highway 10 miles and it will charge back up. Don't let the hype on this forum scare you away from using the van because the battery in it is acting exactly the same as all the batteries in previous Odyssey's without the monitor. It is the worst feature Honda could have put in the van.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why? The low battery indication is not a defect. It is just telling you you haven't driven enough to keep the battery at full charge. Letting it sit for a couple days will allow the battery to self discharge slightly and turn the light on. Run it down the highway 10 miles and it will charge back up. Don't let the hype on this forum scare you away from using the van because the battery in it is acting exactly the same as all the batteries in previous Odyssey's without the monitor. It is the worst feature Honda could have put in the van.

Thanks. I am about to drive it for 2 days straight! Taking a family road trip!:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
From merriam-webster online dictionary.

Definition of DEFECT
a : an imperfection that impairs worth or utility :

Do the bogus battery low warnings impair worth or utility of the new vehicle ?
For some, it is a plain & simple defect. For others, it is only an annoyance.
Either way, Honda must be told the BMS is not working and Honda must be up front about how and when it will come up with a fix for this "imperfection".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts