Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned several cars before, but none that I have purchased new. Obviously, with time, the "new" look disappears. What are some easy (emphasis on easy I don't want to spend like 4 hrs) to maintain the "new" look?

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Congrats on the new van! This is the right time to think about keeping it looking new...

Wash it by hand if you can, avoiding car washes due to the harsh chemicals they use.

A twice-yearly wax of the exterior will protect that sparkling clearcoat from dulling due to rain and pollutants.

Dave

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
All weather floor mats go a long way to minimize the effort of keeping the carpet nice. As suggested, hand wash goes a long way to reducing wear and tear on the exterior as well as 2X a year wax. Most spills can have the long term impact greatly reduced if you address them the same day they happen and using common sense goes a long way too such as no red/blue/orange drinks in the car, etc. If you have smaller kids that just can't help making a mess use seat covers and such to protect the interior.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have owned several cars before, but none that I have purchased new. Obviously, with time, the "new" look disappears. What are some easy (emphasis on easy I don't want to spend like 4 hrs) to maintain the "new" look?
Congratulations on your ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts