Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old car is an 8 yo Toyota Sienna Limited. I now have the 2012 Odyssey TE. Wow have things changed. When I can ask "What time is it?" or "What is the date?" and the car tells me, I get all giddy. I had no idea I could turn on the A/C, set the temp, fan speed, which vents the air comes out (bi-level for me), etc. with just talking. Thank goodness I am one of those that always reads the owners manuals (my hubby used to laugh at me, not anymore ;) ) or I would never have known. There is more to this car than I ever expected. I like those kind of surprises! I gotta go out and play with the car now.

Trish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds fun! Ha, to think I feel this way about our recently aquired (new to us), 2007 Touring. Coming from a 2002 vehicle with no frills, the Odyssey is awesome. Could not imagine a 2012.

Have fun.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cool stuff! I'll bet a lot of owners of TE didn't know that either.

I have an EX-RES, I'll have to check if I can do the same. I know it has bluetooth and voice for dialing, but I'll have to see what else it can do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I find it a lot easier to change the temp etc myself rather than go through voice control. I too was excited about it at first, but I realized that it is a lot faster if I just did it myself. It is a nice feature to show off to people...Thats about is as far as I am concerned

·
Registered
301 Posts
Cool stuff! I'll bet a lot of owners of TE didn't know that either.

I have an EX-RES, I'll have to check if I can do the same. I know it has bluetooth and voice for dialing, but I'll have to see what else it can do.
I believe only the EXL-L NAVI has the voice control out of the thre EX/EX-L models.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our new 2011 Touring has the voice control feature. While on our family vacation in our new van with my wife and our two sons, I attempted to use voice control to search for a restaurant in the nav system. Pushed the Talk button, and spoke a command - and the two smarty pants second-row passengers started talking loudly at the same time. Result? "TEMPERATURE MAX HOT" followed by uproarious laughter. Moral: Use the manual command interface, or leave the wise guys at home ;-)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe only the EXL-L NAVI has the voice control out of the thre EX/EX-L models.
yeah, checked the manual at lunch, didn't see much else in voice commands other than for phone function, ah well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not had any luck giving commands on who to telephone or on setting addresses in the navigation. The onscreen help is not so helpful.

Can these things be done? I do like that I can speak commands without having to look down for what control to touch.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Voice control comes with Navigation. If you have Navigation, you have voice control. Thus, in the U.S., EX-L Navi, Touring, Touring Elite.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The most useful voice command that I have found is "Chapter 1". When the kids are watching a movie in back that is at the closing credits, it will start the movie over again without having to use the chapter back steering wheeling button 20+ times.

"Find Nearest Gas" is in second place.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
The TE is one big toy and I'll be playing with it for years to come... It's been a while since I've owned a vehicle that was this fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the back of the 2012 navigation booklet (separate booklet from main car instructions) I have 9 pages of voice commands. They are not complicated at all. Some of them are really useful. Others, like find nearest sewing store,
not so much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts