Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to notify others that the HCW does cover towing for mechanical or collision-related breakdown (up to a $100). During memorial day weekend another van cut into our lane (violating the right of way), and we collided with them on their side doing at least 40 mph. I think their van is totalled, and ours has about $9200 worth of damage. It was only 4 months old and 3100 miles. Fortunately, the airbags, seatbelts, and children's seats all protected us well from any major harm. The morning after the accident I contacted the dealership about the coverage, and one salesperson didn't know about towing for a collision and the other was blatantly incorrect and said it was only covered for mechanical breakdown. Hopefully, our van will be operational within a few weeks. Apparently, no damage to the main frame, and the crumple zones worked well. Hope this was helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Also glad to hear your family was OK.

Do you have any pictures by chance?

I'd also be curious to know how old your children are, and what type of carseats they used. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other van that crossed our lane of traffic was an Oldesmobile Silhoutte. Any van that was hit hard by a 4000lb car going 40mph or so would have suffered a similar fate. The car seats we used were: 1) Century Smartfit plus for our 3 month old; and 2) Century Breverra Ascend. We have already replaced the children's seats as per the recommendations of the manufacturer for seats involved in an accident. Carseatdata.org has an interactive website that helps consumers match appropriate car seats for specific vehicles. I have tried to post the pictures, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I will email them to the moderators, who can post or tell me how. The quality of pictures is only average as they came from my camcorder. Estimate came to $9195. Doesn't look like it just from the pictures. This site is great.

[This message has been edited by jamescanine (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Man, when you said the other van was totalled I figured the Odyssey would have gotten more damage than that. Although, something like that is nothing to laugh about either. Hmmm...the damage looks more cosmetic than structural. Well they are the experts - not me.

Again, glad to hear you & your family's okay and I hope for a full and speedy recovery for your Odyssey. Good luck!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
331 Posts
jamescanine - glad everyone is ok. I fear having an accident with the kids in the car.

Keep the receipts for the new car seats and forward them to your insurance agent. They should cover the cost of the new seats provided you didn't go wild and get Britax or Recaro (yes they make car seats too!!).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wanted to point out that, while the HCW covered the towing, it was actually the CCMC part.

Has anyone taken advantage of the AAA like features the CCMC offers?

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gfxguy:
Wanted to point out that, while the HCW covered the towing, it was actually the CCMC part.

Has anyone taken advantage of the AAA like features the CCMC offers?
</font>
To answer your question, no.

However, that is an interesting question. I just got my renewal form from AAA, which got me to thinking (uh oh...).

The way I'm understanding things are:

AAA covers the person. So I am covered, whether in my new Ody, my old Accord, or someone else vehicle, even as a passenger. Of this I'm 100% sure.

CCMC, the way I read it, covers the Ody, i.e., the vehicle, only.

This bites, as I would like to not renew AAA to save a few bucks and avoid the overlap in coverage. But, if I'm not misunderstanding anything, I still need the AAA coverage for true(r) peace of mind in most potential roadside situations.

What do others think about this?

------------------
Steve
'01 GG EX w/ 2900 miles
Towing package, fog lights, KB subwoofer, leather steering wrap, splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, cross bars, Pioneer speakers

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the same dilema about AAA renewal. After more than 10 years membership, the only benifit I've used are the free maps and tour books. Even their discounts aren't that great since I usually can find a better deal. Oh, in San Diego, I did get a free credit card key made at So Cal AAA which saved me one time at the grocery store. But AAA Colorado doesn't provide that benefit.

Anyone know if the maps provided by CCMC are comparable to AAA's. Does CCMC have tourbooks?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts