Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Odyssey and replaced the headlights yesterday (low and high beams). I have read the instructions on how to take the height measurements, and back up 25 feet and make final adjustments to get the beams to the correct height below your initial measurements.

My question is... Is there an initial height you should target from the floor and should the driver & passenger side lights be the same height, or should they be adjusted in a different manner? I have seen conflicting posts, so I am not sure what is correct.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have a 06 Odyssey and replaced the headlights yesterday (low and high beams). I have read the instructions on how to take the height measurements, and back up 25 feet and make final adjustments to get the beams to the correct height below your initial measurements.

My question is... Is there an initial height you should target from the floor and should the driver & passenger side lights be the same height, or should they be adjusted in a different manner? I have seen conflicting posts, so I am not sure what is correct.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
I went with the manual, I.e. the height when close to a wall. Not sure there is a better way... As to whether they should be the same height, I align the bottom parts of the light pattern, like below.

Code:
              __________                         __________
  __________/                        __________/
BTW man, are the lights a pain to replace...

Nicolas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The low beams are fairly easy to get to, but you almost have to be a contortionist to get to the high beams. It took me about 30 minutes to finally get them out... mostly trial and error to figure out how to work your arms in there and get a decent grip on the light socket.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It sounds like you changed the bulbs and not the whole headlight assembly. If you only changed the bulbs, then you don't need to align the lights. You only need to re-align if you changed the entire headlight assembly or the front end got hit.

As to your question. To find your starting height, drive the van right up to the wall and mark where the center of the bulb is to the wall (that will be the center point of where you start). Then just back up 25 feet and adjust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts