Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. As I've said many times, my vehicle is a 2010 Honda Odyssey with 270k on the OD .I am looking for some good quality aftermarket headlight assemblies. OEM headlight assemblies that I have found are over $250 each. I found headlight assemblies on RockAuto and also on amazon that are WAY more economical.

Evan-Fischer Headlight Set Compatible with 2008-2010 Honda Odyssey Left Driver and Right Passenger Side Halogen With bulb(s) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009DJTBCM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_TVXWRX2M51NR132VQ4R0

ACANII - For 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Headlights Headlamps 05-010 Black Housing Driver + Passenger Side https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FP19ZWF/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_AWWCFYSM5B994436ZB07?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Any insight / advice would be very helpful.

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
516 Posts
If its hazing, yellowing. I tried a Meguiar product that did a nice job of clearing the lights with little effort. Meguiars 2 step. I see there is a heavy duty product. I was very satisfied with the regular one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its hazing, yellowing. I tried a Meguiar product that did a nice job of clearing the lights with little effort. Meguiars 2 step. I see there is a heavy duty product. I was very satisfied with the regular one.

I sent the pictures that are attached to here to the local guy that does headlight restoration. That he said there was nothing they could do with it. I have a hard time believing that. Please see attached picture.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hello everyone. As I've said many times, my vehicle is a 2010 Honda Odyssey with 270k on the OD .I am looking for some good quality aftermarket headlight assemblies. OEM headlight assemblies that I have found are over $250 each. I found headlight assemblies on RockAuto and also on amazon that are WAY more economical.

Evan-Fischer Headlight Set Compatible with 2008-2010 Honda Odyssey Left Driver and Right Passenger Side Halogen With bulb(s) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009DJTBCM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_TVXWRX2M51NR132VQ4R0

ACANII - For 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Headlights Headlamps 05-010 Black Housing Driver + Passenger Side https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FP19ZWF/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_AWWCFYSM5B994436ZB07?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Any insight / advice would be very helpful.
I would lean towards Rock Auto rather than Amazon (or Ebay).

Reactions: robertwards

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Genuine Honda headlights have gone up in price. $246 at Majestic:

Thanks for getting back to me with the info. They're like $250 each.
Let me double check, but I do believe that the ones on Amazon and the ones on RockAuto or price by the pair.

If my van had about 150k less on the odm was about a million years younger, I could probably justify spending over $500 for the assemblies, but I'm looking for something that's a good aftermarket replacement for the next 30k miles or so.

It's for safety and cosmetic reasons.
I don't want to get pulled over and get to fix it ticket and I also can't stand the way they look at night when the lights trying to shine through them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would lean towards Rock Auto rather than Amazon (or Ebay).
I don't have a whole lot of confidence in ebay. I will take your word for it, but I would still like to know why you were staring me away from amazon.

Original post on the thread has a link to rock auto. I think they're like two or three different brand names.

If you got a minute, can you look at the ones in RockAuto and possibly steer me towards the right one? I'm a newbie when it comes to this. 😃

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me with the info. They're like $250 each.
Let me double check, but I do believe that the ones on Amazon and the ones on RockAuto or price by the pair.

If my van had about 150k less on the odm was about a million years younger, I could probably justify spending over $500 for the assemblies, but I'm looking for something that's a good aftermarket replacement for the next 30k miles or so.

It's for safety and cosmetic reasons.
I don't want to get pulled over and get to fix it ticket and I also can't stand the way they look at night when the lights trying to shine through them.
I totally understand and would probably do the same thing, if I was replacing mine now.

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
516 Posts
I am planning on doing mine very soon. your headlights don't look that bad to me. Have they been refinished before?

I have used products that required sanding and polishing and the end result was pretty good, but far from perfect.

The Meguair product is nothing short of magic compared to what I have used before... and easy. Maybe I will do my headlights this weekend and share the results. They won't last forever, but you get a few years of pretty good looking lights and the better light transmission of a clear lens

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am planning on doing mine very soon. your headlights don't look that bad to me. Have they been refinished before?

I have used products that required sanding and polishing and the end result was pretty good, but far from perfect.

The Meguair product is nothing short of magic compared to what I have used before... and easy. Maybe I will do my headlights this weekend and share the results. They won't last forever, but you get a few years of pretty good looking lights and the better light transmission of a clear lens

Please share the results.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I don't have a whole lot of confidence in ebay. I will take your word for it, but I would still like to know why you were staring me away from amazon.

Original post on the thread has a link to rock auto. I think they're like two or three different brand names.

If you got a minute, can you look at the ones in RockAuto and possibly steer me towards the right one? I'm a newbie when it comes to this. 😃
Rock Auto does not have as many options as I would have thought:

The CAPA certified is important and good.

I would probably go with the TYC, CAPA Certified, with the red heart.

The ones you linked on Amazon are a brand I've never heard of from a 3rd party seller. My gut feel is that these will be junk and that you'd be better off with the Rock Auto options.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The ones you linked on Amazon are a brand I've never heard of from a 3rd party seller. My gut feel is that these will be junk and that you'd be better off with the Rock Auto options.

Thanks for your input.

"Gut feeling" =subconscious

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your input.

"Gut feeling" =subconscious

Pair of TYC assemblies goes for probably right at $300 "out the door"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts