Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

2nd post on this forum.:)

Just got the van for the family and so far we love it, especially the ride, the MPG, and all the toys compared to our 2007 Pilot.

Among several assembly issues (like driver's side sliding door lock switch near the handle was pushed in, fixed now), the one that bugs me the most is the passenger's head light lens (the projector lens) is smudged with finger prints and there is no way you can clean it without putting the head light in the oven to remove the clear cover.

We can't tell the output difference between the driver's side headlight with clean lens and the passenger's side with lens with finger prints. The finger prints can't be seen until you turn the light on and view it in certain angles or shine a flash toward it but you can really tell the finger prints are there, compared to the driver's side.

We are afraid that requesting the dealer to replace the headlight assembly will actually create more issues going forward, as I think they will need to remove some parts from the old headlamp assembly (HID related) and install those on the new one just to replace the headlight assembly, in addition to remove the bumper and etc.

Do you guys notice that on yours and do you think it is worth to have the headlight assembly replaced just to have a lens without finger prints and potentially better output?

Thanks for the help and thanks for reading my post.

·
Banned
80 Posts
it is very odd to have fingerprints inside the lens. The whole manufacturing/assembly process is automated and human free. I'd say take it to the dealer and let them replace the headlight. Do it now otherwise you'll be complaining that the other headlight looks older, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts