Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while driving on a very dark road, I noticed something interesting about the headlights on my 02 Odyssey. When I switched to high beam, the first 100 feet or so of highway was not well illuminated. However, if I pulled the lever just enough to activate the "flash to pass" feature, I got both high and low beams simultaneously. The illumination was much better than high or low beams by themselves. So my question is, does anyone make a kit that will keep the low beams on when high beams are activated? There is a fairly inexpensive (and popular) kit available to convert GM trucks with "quad" headlights to keep all 4 lights on when high beams are activated. How about it, Honda aftermarket?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i know what you mean. Perhaps fog lights would help? I do have Honda factory fog lights, but unfortunately they shut off when I have my brights on.

Is there a fix so that the fog lights stay on when he high beams are activated?

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Patm1234:
i know what you mean. Perhaps fog lights would help? I do have Honda factory fog lights, but unfortunately they shut off when I have my brights on.

Is there a fix so that the fog lights stay on when he high beams are activated?
</font>
Yes, there is, Chuck (ckonarske) has instructions on how to modify the fogs to do just that. I can atest to the fact that they do work as described. Good luck.

P.S. I think they might be in the Tech section of this website.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Chucks modification to the fog light's wiring loom is very simple. The fog lights themselves fill in that dark area "under" the headlights very well, not to mention the extra illumination to either side of the road.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jazzfan,
There is a topic posted yesterday in the DIY section by rkevin3 at almost the same time you posted yours. He has modified the Ody to have all 4 lights on when switched to high beam without installing the expensive fog lights.
check that out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lotus18, I looked for that post in the DIY section and could not find it. Was it removed for some reason?

·
Registered
14 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jazzfan:
Last night while driving on a very dark road, I noticed something interesting about the headlights on my 02 Odyssey. When I switched to high beam, the first 100 feet or so of highway was not well illuminated. However, if I pulled the lever just enough to activate the "flash to pass" feature, I got both high and low beams simultaneously. The illumination was much better than high or low beams by themselves. So my question is, does anyone make a kit that will keep the low beams on when high beams are activated? There is a fairly inexpensive (and popular) kit available to convert GM trucks with "quad" headlights to keep all 4 lights on when high beams are activated. How about it, Honda aftermarket? </font>
Amazing....I posted my headlight mod about 10 minutes after your request...I love it! It is in the DIY section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts