Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IR headphones stopped working (not a surprise for a 2018 odyssey); only static on them. I bought a new IR headphone (on Amazon) and nothing but static also. Reading through posts I took the advice of someone to buy a bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth headphones. I can say that was great advice. The sound quality is much better and the headphones much more comfortable than the stock ones. This seems to be a great upgrade for the kids and will hopefully keep them out of the conversations in the front seat, and allow me to listen to the radio more freely.

From Amazon:
Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver, Aisidra V5.0 Bluetooth Adapter for Audio, 2-in-1 Bluetooth AUX Adapter for TV/Car/PC/MP3 Player/Home Theater/Switch, Low Latency, Pairs 2 Devices Simultaneously

iJoy Matte Rechargeable Wireless Bluetooth Foldable Over Ear Headphones with Mic, EDM (the kids can each have their own color)

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Sterling Gray Metallic
643 Posts
But did you ever figure out what happened to the IR signal?

The only thing I thought of is that the RES is broadcasting on a different channel than the headphones pick up. Just a guess as my RES is aftermarket and has settings for different IR broadcast channels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But did you ever figure out what happened to the IR signal?

The only thing I thought of is that the RES is broadcasting on a different channel than the headphones pick up. Just a guess as my RES is aftermarket and has settings for different IR broadcast channels.
No sure the problem. The stock headphones wouldn't work. The ones from Amazon had 2 frequency setting and neither worked.
But the Bluetooth is definitely better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you use a bluetooth transmitter, will it work the same way as rear headphones mode where RES work on bluetooth and the front can listen to music from speakers? In that case perhaps I can use bluetooth speakers in the rear as my kid is too small to use the headphones.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you use a bluetooth transmitter, will it work the same way as rear headphones mode where RES work on bluetooth and the front can listen to music from speakers? In that case perhaps I can use bluetooth speakers in the rear as my kid is too small to use the headphones.
The bluetooth transmitter will work with bluetooth speakers also; just have to pair them. The audio out jack in the back of the van sends out the RES audio and that is what I plug into the bluetooth transmitter. I keep the bluetooth transmitter charged with a USB charger plugged into the 12V outlet that is with the audio jack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts