Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EXL RES
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our daughter has a 2017 Odyssey EX-L with Gray interior. For Christmas we'd like to get her a DVD player installed. Our family has had Odyssey's for years, and some with the Honda Rear Entertainment System (RES). I have seen aftermarket systems for the headliner and systems for the headrests. I had contacted our Honda Dealer to see if I could buy the actual Honda player for the dash and the overhead unit and he seemed to think that would prove impossible to do.

I have seen good reviews on the items sold by VOXX Electronics (Audiovox) and they seem to offer a headrest unit that will fit the Odyssey (ADV8SS01HD0304 per their attached list). On their site they also have other headrest units and units that fit on the headliner. Their site is at https://www.voxxelectronics.com/.

If you have any experience in this area I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
nice units...

First time seeing this brand.
thanks for the info.

Looking at their product lines, you should go for the android unit with DVD for more media viewing options.

also looking at the install instructions, be prepared for some intermediate level wiring and routing to get these going, unless you intend to pay a car audio shop to do it.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EXL RES
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice units...

First time seeing this brand.
thanks for the info.

Looking at their product lines, you should go for the android unit with DVD for more media viewing options.

also looking at the install instructions, be prepared for some intermediate level wiring and routing to get these going, unless you intend to pay a car audio shop to do it.
Thanks for the response. I don't really know much about the brand. I hope they're ok. Do you know of other makers that are out there? And do you think it's better to go with the headliner or headrest option?

I am going to have a shop install I think.

Again, thanks for getting back with me!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
audiovox has been around for a while, back in the day 25+ years ago it was a B brand over the main names, like Clarion Kenwood Alpine etc.
looking at the product line, they have come a long way since then.

headrests are good IMO as they can be independent per kid.
many around here just go with separate tablets as they are cheap and versatile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may return to refresh my rating once (and in the event that) I can complete the establishment. There should be another 'Rate Highlight' - Establishment. I'm considering the number of individuals who evaluated this high either didn't do their own establishment or are putting together their appraisals exclusively with respect to the exhibition of the gadget.
snaptube vidmate word to pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts