Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else annoyed by the enormous headrests? I just traded in my '04 EX for a 2011 and there's two things that are driving me crazy. The speedometer is not in the center and not as easy to read as my '04 and the headrests. I already don't like that the 3rd row window is small but now I have to deal with the 2nd row headrest completely blocks the 3rd row window on the passenger side. I need that window to change lanes and cover my blind spot. I have 4 kids to tow around and would hate to fold the seat down b/c I can't see or remove it and not have head protection for my kid.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You can see out the third row window from the front row? My blind spot is where the second row windows are. Then again, I also have the blind spot indicators which helps a bit.

From what I understand, the third row windows on the 2011 are larger than the previous generation, hence the polarizing design of the back half of the van.

The non-centered speedometer bothers me a little, but I have gotten used to it. I guess they really wanted the MID to be in the center of view.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
gardeninggal,
I feel the same way as you. I noticed the difficulty in seeing out the back side window too. The blind spot is much greater than in my '07 odyssey.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To me, this is the greatest "deprovement" from the 3rd gen to 4th gen Odyssey. Those headrests bug me too, but the least they could have done is make them more adjustable. There are only 2-3 position they can be in. If I could lower them without going all the way down, that would be a big improvement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but the least they could have done is make them more adjustable. There are only 2-3 position they can be in. If I could lower them without going all the way down, that would be a big improvement.
Yes! I forgot to mention that. That drives me crazy too. They bother me so much that I would buy new ones if they made them smaller and more adjustable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone replaced or reconfigured the stock headrest? I am taller than most and cannot find a comfortable position with it as it pushes my head too far forward. I am most comfortable with it out but would probably really miss it in an accident.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased 2 little round self adhesive mirrors and stuck them on the driver and passenger side mirror on the bottom outboard corner.. blindspot solved...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree, the headrests are way too large. Add a rear facing convertible child seat behind passenger seat and you cannot even see out of those windows. I may move th convertible seat behind the drivers seat but then we would have to take the child in and out of car on the street side of the van.

My daughter is very tall and she may be getting close to the seated height limit for rear facing soon but it may happen before she is two. Not sure how I feel about that.

As for the speedometer not being center, the Germans have not been doing that for years now. All of my Audi's and my ML350 had the information display in the middle, so I am very used to it.

I know for my Audi they sell the euro blind spot mirrors that have this special glass on the edge of the sideview mirror that widens the angle of view, they worked really well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I removed them to accommodate child seats. Glad I did as I dont notice any blind spots. Now I realize what everyone was complaining about...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't see the blind spot in the third window either. All I can see is my son's large childseat. I have to rely on the blind spot sensor which helps quite a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LOL to this tread.
Given the number of responses here this is a concern. To some (me) it is a matter of comfort. In an otherwise comfortable vehicle I have my head needlessly pushed forward. To others it is a safety issue as they cannot see where they need to see. I have seen this same issue discussed in other forums for CRV's and Accords so Honda needs to be made aware that this is an concern to many.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Given the number of responses here this is a concern. To some (me) it is a matter of comfort. In an otherwise comfortable vehicle I have my head needlessly pushed forward. To others it is a safety issue as they cannot see where they need to see. I have seen this same issue discussed in other forums for CRV's and Accords so Honda needs to be made aware that this is an concern to many.
Fine, I'll chime in. Have any of the responders to this thread ever drove a van with only three windows? I am not talking about three windows on each side, I am talking about windshield and two front door windows, if yes how did you do it? I am not trying to be rude but if you're having a problem with the second row headrests in Odyssey then you should probably revisit driving 101. Really, all you have to do is set your side mirrors properly and when you're done with that you could move your second row seats to where it allignes with the c pillars which should give you a clear view in to the third side window and if that not enough then you could always add wide angle side mirrors :rollingeyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts