Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have test drove a few Odysseys and I'm confused: Is the heat supposed to come out of the ceiling vents in the 2nd and 3rd rows? How does this work?
Some dealers seem to think so, but I have yet to see it happen. A/C - yes, but heat??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
So presumably if you turn the rear temperature dial to 'Heat' and turn up the rear fan, it will blow more hot air through the floor vents in the second and third row (are there floor vents in the second and third row?)...

Richard

·
Registered
301 Posts
Floor vents for the second row are under the driver and passenger seat so make sure that you don't stick anything under there and that thay are not blocked by the carpeting.
The vents for the third row are near the floor on the right side of the vehicle and blow across to the drivers side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everyone. Maybe I'll get an opportunity to educate a dealer or two. Gee, a consumer knowing something a salesperson doesn't....what are the chances?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinyody:
...a consumer knowing something a salesperson doesn't....what are the chances?</font>
Usually, pretty good!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the heat for the rear of the vehicle is under the driver/passenger seats and you get an aftermarket DVD or VHS system that gets put under one of those seats, that poses 2 problems...

1) Heat + Electronics = BAD NEWS
2) Heat is blocked by the unit

What's the deal if you get an aftermarket unit? Can you block the one that's behind the unit or how is that addressed?

Thanks.
Killroy
RRP EX-L Due by Wednesday!

·
Registered
354 Posts
If the unit goes under the front of the seat facing forward, it's OK. I would not put in a unit at the back facing rearward (although I've seen it done that way) as that's the "footspace" and the unit will definately get kicked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts