Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before but does anyone know if the heated mirrors are available as a retofit on American odys? I was just looking at PD55's pics of his Canadian van and I really like the mirror/switch setup. Couldn't we just find a source for the components and do our own install? I bow to the mod gods for some advice here.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think the parts can be purchased from Handa but it is not an easy retrofit and maybe cost prohibitive.

"I remember many snowy Christmas morning gathering the children around the radiant warmth of our Odysseys heated mirrors..."

Dickens

------------------
Timbo

2001 GG LX

"You're only young once but you can be immature all your life!":D

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but does anyone know if the heated mirrors are available as a retofit on American odys? I was just looking at PD55's pics of his Canadian van and I really like the mirror/switch setup. Couldn't we just find a source for the components and do our own install? I bow to the mod gods for some advice here.

</font>
Canodyssey is correct. My local dealer sells the Canadian Odys in addition to US, and the parts guy told me the parts alone (mirror, wiring harnesses, etc.) list over $800 (US) - dashing my hopes....I'll wait for an '03.

[This message has been edited by sdp (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the initial info everyone. Wow....$800.00US list? I can't imaginge what could drive the price that high. There just aren't that many components involved. No more say, than the fog lights which are overpriced IMO. Two small heater elements, a short run of wire, fuses and a switch for $800.00. There must be a better way.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Tomhan,

I seem to remember someone posting prices on the mirrors w/heaters and the price was about $65 each; expensive but maybe justifiable. I'm sure the Honda wiring harness is quite expensive - but the wiring has to be pretty simple. I think someone indicated that the power draw was pretty small so sourcing the power shouldn't too much of a problem.

I think you should "go for it"!
Then post your results because I'm interested too.

Mel

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mel,
Thanks for the post. I'll try to research those lights you mentioned. $65.00 or $70.00 each is a far cry from $800.00. I'm sure the switch can be purchased thru Handa Accessories for $50.00 or less. I'm waiting for helm to release the 2002 electrical manual. When I get mine, I'll be able to work out the actual interface. I agree with you. The mod should not be difficult to complete. If you happen to run across that post please re-post so we can check it out.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If mine should be missing one morning I'm coming after you guys....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts