Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Heater issue

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  pdesi10 
#1 ·
I have a small issue---My air conditioner is working but my heater is not working

I replaced the driver side flapper but it seems like it is not receiving power.

#3 ·
Very much advised you include your year and trim level in your signature or add it to your post so responders know which system you have. I assume you have the auto climate control? So when you adjust the temp the actuator door does not try to move? You replaced the door or the actuator? Did you use a new part, aftermarket or OEM, used part? Missing some info to be helpful.

#4 · (Edited)
Yes, we need a lot more information. Are you feeling hot air but it is just not blowing? Or is it blowing cold air when it should be warm? Do you get heat from the rear?

Do the heater hose (both of them) feel hot? Are they the same temperature or does one feel cooler than the other?

Was anything done to your cooling system recently, such as new coolant?

When you say your new flapper does not seem to be getting power, is this based on your electrical measurements with a multimeter or just a guess? If it is truly not getting power, did you check the fuses and relays?

#10 ·
Fire the parts canon! Fuses, relays, actuator, and next the climate control :eek:

#14 ·
Thank you all for the replies; I have some pictures to describe what is happening:
In the first picture is the actual flaps to turn off the hot air blower vs cold air
Basically when I depress the black flap, hot air starts and when it is engage the black flap, cold air starts.

In short, everything as far as the HVAC is working. There are no issues other than for some reason the motor (lower picture) isn't receiving the commands to switch between cold and hot air.

I have replaced the motor (lower picture), thermostat, all fuses.

How do I check to see if the green plug is getting power or not? Because that seems to be the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.