Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm getting a hanging storage rack in my garage and wanted to make sure that when I purchase the new Odyssey it won't scrape the hood. If you have a 2011 Odyssey, will you please let me know the height of the hood? I want the Touring. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the models or not. It'll save me trip to the dealership. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
359 Posts
please clarify. Do you mean a rack that hangs from the ceiling? If so you would be worried about scraping the roof or maybe when opening the tailgate? Not the hood???

·
Banned
727 Posts
If you are talking about the hood (the part that covers the engine), you need a minimum of 45" from the ground to clear the windshield washer nozzles. I'd suggest 46 - 47". If you are talking about the roof (without a rack installed), you need about 69", but I'd leave 70 - 71" from the ground.

The above measurements are for a 2011 EX RES, but I believe the height of the other models is about the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. The rack will be hanging from the ceiling in the front wall of my garage. I was afraid when I pulled in, the rack would scrape the hood, not the roof of the van.

Thanks for giving me the height. I now know how low I can let the rack hang.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts