Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I am a proud owner of a "new to me" 2005 EX-L RES. I never thought I would get a minivan being that my wife and I always had SUVs, but as our family grew it was inevitable we would end up in a minivan. Even tho our SUVs had 3rd row, it wasn't the easiest thing to get everyone in and out of. Not to mention the lack of trunk space. We first started out with a 2003 Odyssey EX to "test the waters". Well, after the first day of use, my wife was hooked! It was so easy to get the 3 kids (under 3) in and buckled along with plenty of space in the trunk. I did some upgrades to the 2003 to update it a bit. Remote start, 15" drop down, ipod video hookup, rear hitch, yakima roof rail kit with cargo box and air lift bags. Was planning on keeping it for a while but got a great deal on the 2005 so I couldn't resist the upgrade. Updated styling, increased safety and additional features. I got the 2005 last Nov and have busy ever since :) So far the upgrades include 20" wheels, H&R lowering springs, Honda front and rear spoilers, Honda side steps, HID 5K, LED Driving and fog lights, custom intake (thanks to yz007). Interior upgrades include iPod Video hookup to rear AUX, Rear view mirror with 2.5" backup monitor connected to Sony backup camera. Also mounted Blizzaks to the Honda 16" wheels and the Odyssey has been handling the Chicago snow like a champ.

Just finished the springs and aerokit install so wanted to share. Apologies for the dust/dirt (I need a carwash bad!) and poorly lit photos. I plan to wash her up and take better pics in the daytime.

Glad to be part of such a helpful and friendly forum. Hope to contribute in the future.

Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-2.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-3.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-4.jpg
Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-6.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-7.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-8.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-9.jpg
Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-10.jpg Odyssey_lowered_kit_wheels-11.jpg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realized the LED driving lights and fog lights look blue in the pic. They are actually super white (5000k) just like the HID bulbs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello and welcome! Off to a great start, many people wouldn't see themselves driving a "minivan" until they experience how easy it is to get in and out with kids. Keep the good work with mods, looks like you have good fitment with the wheels. I'm interested on how the H&R springs feel, although I'm running air ride, I'm thinking on going static and see how that works out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I mentioned in the http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...wering-springs-ride-quality-3.html#post711127 thread. The ride comfort is actually surprisingly similar to stock. We recently took it on a 200 mile round trip and my wife and 3 young kids did not notice a difference. All fell asleep as usual. To me the ride is slightly firmer but still very comfortable. Feels similar to a large sedan. I constantly ask my wife if she notices any difference in how the car feels, handles and drives. Her response is always "Nope, feels the same to me." I rode in a bagged Forrester and it was very firm. Not bouncy but just very firm as you felt every bump but the car always settled quickly. If your ride is similar, you will notice a huge improvement in ride quality.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got around to taking more pics. These were taken during the day but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it washed. I'm still amazed at the different colors the odyssey has depending on how the light hits it. It's been a week with the lowering springs/wheels and car still feels very close to stock.

Odyssey.jpg Odyssey-2.jpg Odyssey-3.jpg Odyssey-4.jpg Odyssey-5.jpg Odyssey-6.jpg Odyssey-8.jpg Odyssey-9.jpg Odyssey-10.jpg Odyssey-11.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quick question(s), what type of rims are those? You know the offset/width of them? Did you have to roll the fenders? And what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the wheels and tires from tirerack. They are Bremmer Kraft BR05 in BRIGHT PVD. The size is 20" x 9" with a 42mm offset. I wasn't sure if they would rub since most folks go with 20x8.5 with a 45mm offset. For tires, I went with 245/40ZR -20 General G-MAX AS-03 XL. It is a new tire but so far has received good reviews. It also has a UTQG rating of 480 A A which is the highest of the tires in this price range. I only have about 1000 miles on them but have been very happy so far. Good balance between road noise, comfort, handling and tread wear. Tire rack also mounts and balances the tires/wheels and provides wheel locks and lugs so I was able to have them on the car same day as they arrived.

It seems as tho the wider wheels and 42mm offset work without having to roll the fenders. Have not experienced any rubbing either while turning or during major suspension compression. We'll see what happens when I load up the car for a family vacation with my Yakima skybox 21 on the roof and the trunk filled to the gills. My old 2003 EX would squat in the rear under heavy load so curious to see how the 3rd gen will handle the weight. Hopefully, if it does rub, a fender roll will take care of it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, 6Seven1. I purchased my OEM aero parts from http://www.hondasuperstoreparts.com/ They offer 30% off retail which isn't the cheapest I found but they are local so I was able to pickup and did not have to pay shipping charges. Most places I inquired were charging $100-$150 per box since the boxes are huge. Parts came in about a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts