Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Milwaukee, WI

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring. The car is in excellent condition, has been rarely used, and has less than 25K miles on it.

Funny story - while inspecting the car, I asked the seller for the location of the spare tire, and we had trouble locating it. When I got home, I did a google search to find the spare tire on the Touring. Little did I realize that I was opening a can of worms. I was shocked when I read about the PAX tires issues plaguing Odyssey Touring.

One of the links led me to this forum, and I have found a lot of useful information related to the topic. THANKS!!

I'm still undecided on whether to go ahead with the purchase. The asking price is fair - between the Clean and Outstanding value on Edmunds. However I m concerned about the additional expenses with DE-PAXING the Odyssey.

I also do NOT know of any mechanic in the Milwaukee, WI area that will do the "DE-PAXing". Two Honda dealers refused to provide the DE-PAX service, and indicated only PAX tires can be used as replacement - approx $1350 for set of 4.

Please advise....

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Welcome to the Odyclub.

As you have already seen, PAX is a subject that has been extensively discussed on here. You have three choices. Buy a bolt on package from a couple of the sellers who sell complete packages on here. Or tell Tirerack or some other tire company that you want replacement rims and tires for an EX and then get new Touring TPMS sensors installed. Last choice is to buy the rims, sensors and tires yourself and get them put on by a tire company. If they refuse, just take all the parts and get them to put on the sensors and tires onto the rims and get them to balance the tires/rims and then bolt 'em on yourself. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts