Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, my family just got extended and decided to pick up a minivan, a 05 Taffeta White Ody EX. I'm more of a euro guy but an Odyssey is my preferred choice for my swag wagon. I'm sure there's alot of information on here for me to know about and I hope I can contribute to this community.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey bro. I think I saw your Ody at LVMS over the weekend. Get us some pics man. I loved the look and have been debating on doing that to mine. I'm just hesitant on bagging it though. haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bro. I think I saw your Ody at LVMS over the weekend. Get us some pics man. I loved the look and have been debating on doing that to mine. I'm just hesitant on bagging it though. haha.
How'd you know that was mine? Lol. It's funny that didn't take pics of my van. I'm not a great photographer, iPhone pics are more convenient. I'll ask my friends if they have some pics. Btw, I took home the Best truck/suv/van trophy that day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How'd you know that was mine? Lol. It's funny that didn't take pics of my van. I'm not a great photographer, iPhone pics are more convenient. I'll ask my friends if they have some pics. Btw, I took home the Best truck/suv/van trophy that day.
Ive been lurking in these forums for awhile and I was searching for an issue with my ody and I noticed your posts.

I saw you said you had bags on bmw wheels and you were from Vegas. And I happen to be there that weekend. What other white ody will have BMW wheels in Vegas you know. LOL.

I dont get a chance to look at the car show stuff since we're busy with the race car the whole day. We usually follow all the IFO race events in CA, NV and AZ. I'm curious about your setup. I've been wanting to do something like that but I'm hesitant on bagging in. I actually dont want to and dont want to stretch tires also. I just want to get a wheel setup that I can lower and have decent look. I'm not liking the 19" and 20" setups that are on here. I'm down for the BMW wheels though. I was lookin at just getting some 19x8.5 with 25offset.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, my set up consists of Universal Air System air bags upfront and Contitech bags outback. 7 gallon tank, 2 compressors etc, all mounted in the rear tub used for stowing the seats. The reason I opted for air bags is because there are no coilovers made yet for this model year. They do make H&R lowering springs that would give you a 1.9f / 1.5r drop. That wasnt an enough low for me. In the future I would do springs just for the less maintenance.

As for wheel setup, mine are +24offset. fronts(19x9) sits about flush and the rear(19x10) pokes. If you go with a 19x8 +25, that should would just fine. there other bmw 7series 19" wheels out there. I think they have them in 19x8.5 too. I like these style95s I have because of the concave look, although I want to run all 19x10s all around so i'm searching for 2 more rear wheels. I have an extra pair of 19x9s for spares but if you can find a full set I'll trade you these 9s for the 10s then you can run 19x9s all around. just a thought if you're interested.

My front tires are not stretched at all, just the rear. 235/35s all around.

IFO pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pic and the details man. I love the way yours looks but I just can't bag it. Its not for that purpose lol. Im down to run the H&R springs but my main concern is not lowering enough for a 19x8.5 +20 all around.
Never done this thing on a van so I'm hesitant to and not sure what tire to go with. You just can't reference much since there's really not many doing this. Yours is the first I"ve seen. LOL.
What you think about 235/40/19 on a 19x8.5 on H&Rs? I just dont want it 4x4 lookin haha.

Hows the ride btw? sorry for all the questions man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw some Style 95s on ebay for $600 here in Socal. I was debating on that but I looked at the M5 wheels that look similar in 19x8.5 with +20 offset. Was thinking of putting it on some 235/45/19 all around and using the H& springs. I know it wont look like yours but I hope it would at least get it to 1" gap and flush to the fenders so its still able to drive far often. It gets used at least 500 miles a week so its used alot. Dont want it to ride too rough or have problems while traveling. LOL. I've had lowered and dumped cars all my driving life, but not sure if I want it dumped for this van haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts