Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of renting minivan. So I bought a used 2000 honda odyssey only 69K miles on it. This is my first minivan and first honda ever. I got it late Aug 2010. Previous owner had it serviced every 5K. The van run great. The transmission is still original. it drives nice and smooth. Transmission oil changed every 15K miles. motor oil changed every 5K miles. Major tune up/service 30K and 60K. Timing belt and water pump not changed yet. I'm thinking that should go up to 100K, hopefully.

So far I put on 4K miles touring relatives from out of state. Just got back from a trip from bay area to disneyland over the holidays. As of today it has 73K miles on it. So far so good no major issue yet. The only problem so far is the intermitten rear brake noise passenger side. it probably need new shoe pads. The van stops just fine when the noise occurs.

hopefully i can go up to 120K miles without major issue. Will read this forum when I have more time. So far I'm loving my odyssey a lot it handles better than my 1997 camry. It's so smooth and comfortable. I'm getting 21mpg on avg. Not bad for big car like this.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
sam-ody2000 said:
Will read this forum when I have more time. So far I'm loving my odyssey a lot it handles better than my 1997 camry. It's so smooth and comfortable. I'm getting 21mpg on avg. Not bad for big car like this.
Welcome to the Odyclub.

On a lighter note, don't read too much of this forum.

See what happened to another new owner when he read too much of this forum in the thread below.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141328

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I knew about the transmission issue before i bought it. It was such a good deal and the van was in good shape I couldn't resist. 2000 honda odyssey 69K miles it has every service records for me and it was only $8K even. I need to use it full loaded about 100 times to get my money worth it. every time I need to rent a minivan it was about $80 a day on avg. so $80 x 100 usage will make my money worth it. So far I used the van full loaded with 6 -7 people in it 20 times in last 4 months, that's $1600 for me. it's not my daily commuter so it's just family trips, moving and picking up item from ikea or home depot etc where I get my money worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts