Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently adopted a 2003 Odyssey EX-L with 195K miles in Sandstone Metallic over tan leather that has been in our family since new. Its a second car for all of us in the Chicago area to use when necessary, and I really like the huge amount of cargo space it offers, the health of the engine and how fun it is to drive. The car has towed a small boat for years and its rear suspension is pretty clapped out, so I am looking to replace front and rears, add wider wheels and tires, remove the tow bar assembly and lower it about 2" or less, as I don't want to go overboard on the mods. After that, I will address the stereo/nav system as it too has some problems. Thanks for having me. Im here to research learn and share as I go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Lots of maintenance to do, and the car sat in a Florida garage 6 months out of the year its whole life, so I have some mildewy smells to track down and eradicate. I will be replacing the cabin filter and will try to clean the AC evaporator. I'll also change the oil, filter and tranny fluid over the next few weekends, hopefully. I have some other small things to ry to fix as well. the Navigation screen is almost shot, I wonder if some kind of double din stereo can be substituted in that cavity.

·
Registered
980 Posts
2001, same as my 2001. Add a magnifine filter, and drain/fill the tranny every other oil change or sooner. Transmission the worst ever made. On my 4th tranny. 224,000 miles. Heat kills the tranny !

However, with the middle seats remove. Amazing what can be hauled. (y) And the engine is solid(y). No valve adjustments yet. (might be a gen 2 anomaly) . Still on original alternator.(y)

Have fun.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts