Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members of Odyclub! I am new to Odysseys but not new to Honda's. My family is growing and I am thinking of replacing my CB7 for an Ody. One of my friends (who is a huge 'H' guy) has warned me of any Honda with an auto tranny. I am looking for something used. Are there some years that are better then others? Is there anything I should be looking for when searching out a used one? Thanks for your help and I hope to be around here more in the near future.

Mike :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome to the club! The 2nd gen ody which would be 99-04 had the tranny issues. I have read here that the very late produced 04 was corrected and there is a way to tell by the VIN ( I don't know, but if you get serious about an 04 I would ask here or search). The third gen, 05-10, is fine as far as the tranny goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt.

A couple of other things for a newbie to this site:

No pics threads???

And what the hell is PAX/DePAX?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Pax tires are run flat. They fit on a specific oem rim. They are expensive to replace (over $1000 for four) and they do not last long. Depaxing is the process of buying conventional tires and rims to replace the pax system.

Pax is standard on 05-07 tourings, and optional on 08-09 tourings. They have been discontinued for new models, but you can still buy replacements.

There was a class action law suit.

Would recommend searching on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Matt. I spent a fair amount of time searching, but I didn't really know what I was looking for. Everyone was saying which models have it and what it cost to depax, but your explaination was perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts