Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a '99 EX (less than 40,000 mi) a few months back - an elderly family member owned it and I got an exceptional deal. That being said, I have recently discovered this site. Great info and helpful advice to be had. I just replaced the clock bulb last night using the pic-by-pic walk-through post.

Any thoughts at prolonging the life of the transmission? I don't know if I am being paranoid, but all the posts about the defective tranny has me a bit nervous. I sold my '01 Jetta Wagon GLX with 140,000mi on it and would like to think that I made a wise choice.

Anyhow, greetings to everyone. Enjoy the football games today. My picks - 49rs by 7 and Ravens by 3

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yes, this site could make you paranoid about your transmission. Just do a drain and fill with Honda ATF every 3rd oil change and you should be fine.

If you are feeling paranoid - add an external ATF filter (i.e Magnefine) and an extra ATF cooler.

Did you know there is a cabin filter behind the glove box?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I actually have a new filter sitting in the van now - waiting for Saturday to put it in (using the tutorials on this site of course.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts