Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone email me with perhaps a picture from the Helms manual regarding removing the front side pillar cover and headliner. I purchased a Donelly Mirror and want to run the wires across the headliner and down the side pillar and not quite sure how to remove the pillar cover. Also in removing the original mirror, do I just pull the mirror down or do I have to first insert a screwdriver and release the spring clip. Any info in installing this would be greatly appreciated particularily removing that pillar panel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't have any pictures available currently, but I posted some helpful hints on installing the Donnelly mirror under the DIY Modifications forum. You might have to search back a few days to find the post. I also included some hints on the fishing of the wires through the firewall. The piller removal is easy once you pull the rubber seal that runs along the inside of the door frame.

I am not sure which wire bundle I attached to because I used the same power source as was used for our entertainment installation.

After installing one, it seems like it would be easy to accomplish in 1-1/2 hours. Hopefully some of my hints will help you skip some of my time inefficiencies.

Good luck in your installation,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask, Donnelly ECT Mirror

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

1 - 2 of 2 Posts