Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ordered a Helm's FSM for my 2006 Odyssey but I opted to purchase the 2010 manual b/c I figured that it would cover more information for all the years.

What I failed to do yesterday during my ordering process was inquire about the cost of the 2006 manual vs. the 2010 manual. The price spread is 3X as much for the newer manual. $56 for the 2006 manual and $150 for the 2010.

I'm disappointed in myself for not looking into the cost of the other manuals as $100 spread is pretty significant in my eyes.

For those that own the FSM can anyone comment on what the major differences are between the model years of the FSM?

I think I'd be okay with the higher price if know that I'm getting that much MORE comprehensive coverage on the vans. I already know some obvious things like tranny/engine differences that the newer manual will cover but does that mean that it won't cover my 1st gen VCM and my 3 shaft transmission in my '06 Odyssey?

Since the FSM for the 2010 is a 2 volume set my guess is that it does cover it.

Thoughts?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The 2010 manual covers years 2007-2010. The 2006 manual covers the 2005-2006 years. The manual you ordered does NOT cover your 2006 Odyssey.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brutal. I would imagine that most items across these model years would be very similar but if it isn't right then I guess I will have to figure out how to return the. Pols and then order the 2006 book.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Try calling Helminc. You may be able to switch order if it hasn't shipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts