Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased new 2019 Elite and annoyed with the "warning label about metal objects" on the wireless charger. The interior is so awesome with clean lines and well thought out; however, the label is just an eye sore!

Has anyone had success with removing the label on the rubber portion? I attempted to peel one of the bottom corners (just a little bit) thinking it was a simple label; however, it seems like there are 3 parts. Now the clear film on top is "dog-eared" and annoying.

1. Clear film on top
2. Actual printed label
3. Adhesive back

Typically, I would use goo gone or goof off to remove stickers/labels like this on other materials (ie: metal, plastics, glass, etc.) but I'm afraid the chemicals in both of them will damage or deteriorate the rubber pad and cause more damage or discoloration.

I have heard about using a blow dryer to remove labels and decals on metal works wonders....but again, i'm scared the heat will destroy the rubber.

I am new to this forum so any help & feedback would be GREATLY appreciated....thanks in advance everyone.

Hope you can help me :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tried removing the sticker and now it's half off and looks horrible. SO upset. The dealership says they aren't aloud to remove it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liz - here is what i recently did to "hide" the sticker. It actually looks great and SUPER EASY to do. Check out the attached pics.

Went to Target and bought a black cheap flexible folder in the school supply aisle. I can't remember what the measurements were but i measured slightly bigger than what the charging pad surface area is - i think i added about a little less than 1/8" of an inch bigger.

Example if it was 6"...i made my mark at 6 - 1/8".

I trimmed out the charger pad dimensions on the black folder & inserted it on TOP of the charger pad area sliding it underneath the black trim lip so it stays put.

It turned out GREAT! Now it is a little slick vs. the original charger pad, which had the rubber grooves which made it grippy for when your phone would lay on it.

BUT - it made the eye sore go away and its an easy fix!

Keep me posted if this works for you! Hope it helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually didn't "attach" the folder to the rubber surface at all. The fact that you cut the folder a little bigger than what the actual dimension of the pad is what HOLDS the folder in place. Think of it as a puzzle piece that is slightly bigger than the area.

The raised plastic trim around the charging pad is what it slides underneath to hold it there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious - what did you use or how did you get 2 layers of the sticker off?

My sticker is still underneath the plastic folder....i might not mess with it more and leave as is.

But curious on how you did it without damaging the rubber pad?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just used goo gone. but now there is a clear layer that still needs to come off. :/ Not sure if we will keep going but it looks way better than it did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok - gotcha. I was worried if i used Goo Gone the chemicals would deteriorate or eat away the rubber charging pad.

Good luck with the black folder solution - again, it worked really well for me and such an easy fix!

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
Dedikit
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing