Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2010, bought it in March and decided to lower it with H&R springs. As soon as I lowered it I started feeling a small car vibration at 18-20 mph only. Decided to buy new oem Honda axles to see if that would help but it is still there and driving me nuts, I just can't drive a car like this. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does I hate it. This problem seems to be common but some people that are lowered say that they don't have any vibration. So here are my questions.

1. Does anyone know of a fix for this so that I can keep the van lowered? anything I can do to the axles so they don't vibrate? Any shop that works on modifying axles to cure this problem?
2. Does anyone know for sure if the vibration will stop after time after the axles get used to being in whatever position makes them vibrate?
3. If I decide to keep driving it like this (I doubt it), will the vibration damage the transmission?

Thanks for any help or guidance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I also have H&R Springs and figured out it the same issue. It's NOT the springs. I've had this van at the dealer for new axles, 2 torque converters and no change. Many recalls on the torque convertor i've learned to live with it. I also have the VCM Muzzler and won't drive this van without it. With KidS in elementary school all the vans look the same, i had to do something different. Lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have H&R Springs and figured out it the same issue. It's NOT the springs. I've had this van at the dealer for new axles, 2 torque converters and no change. Many recalls on the torque convertor i've learned to live with it. I also have the VCM Muzzler and won't drive this van without it. With KidS in elementary school all the vans look the same, i had to do something different. Lol​

Very nice. Yes, i know it is not the springs. Its something with the axles and I would like to find a way to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had Honda replace the axles with genuine parts under warranty. Same issue. They claim its the lowering springs. I highly doubt that. Let me know what happens

[/CENTER]

Very nice. Yes, i know it is not the springs. Its something with the axles and I would like to find a way to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In reality, yes it is the springs because it happens when you lower the car. But this is really unacceptable, I have lowered all my cars without any issues, different hondas, acuras, mazdas and bmws.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought that too... Dealership told me it was the springs. I said, I'll pay for the labor to install stock springs and try it out. but if i'm wrong you'll put my springs back on... They did the labor tried it out and same issue. I paid 1/2 for the labor. just to prove them wrong. There's a recall on the torque convertor, software issues and stuff they Honda USA won't cover. I'll live with it cause i won't roll stock. But when i see a Toyota Sienna SE makes me want one due to the vibration issue of the ODY. Good luck and let me know what you find out.

In reality, yes it is the springs because it happens when you lower the car. But this is really unacceptable, I have lowered all my cars without any issues, different hondas, acuras, mazdas and bmws.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then you have a different problem, if I put mine back to stock it doesn't vibrate. It's definitely something with the van being lowered.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello all,

I have seen 2-3 threads on this subject but no definitive answers.

I too swapped out the stock springs for some H&R units and now the van shakes a bit between 15-20 MPH. It did not do this prior to the swap.

It sounds like it might be a Honda "feature" of sorts when lowering these vehicles... Odyssey's and other models as well.

It would seem to me that something other than putting the old springs back in should be able to fix this issue. Correct steering geometry after lowering perhaps? Some other way to compensate for the lowering that would also take care of the issue?

Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts