Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while attempting to loosen the 3/8 transmission drain plug, my 3/8 extension broke off in the plug. I have no idea how to get that thing out - any ideas would be appreciated

its broken off inside the "hole" so there is nothing to grab onto. I've tried a small screwdriver to try to pry it out to no avail.

·
Registered
613 Posts
damn, you need to stop using such crappy tools - LOL I can't imagine a quality tool breaking like that...:confused:

Ok, seriously, you'll have to drill a small hole only "so" deep (mark drill bit with tape at correct depth so you don't overshoot). You can thread a bolt or screw, something in there to give you a way to pull it out. Should not need too much, its just a socket end. You can also get a 'easy out' tool that is made with a taper to jam itself into holes when you screw it counter clockwise.

:p

·
Registered
295 Posts
KFWA,

You could try a strong magnet, the transmission is aluminum not sure of the bolt but a good strong magnet may pull the extension end out. Lots of luck, Russ.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try the magnet but ended up using some 5 minute epoxy and glued it back, counted to 300 mississippi and pulled it out.

whew...I was seriously stressed there for about an hour

it was probably some harbor freight crap

put my craftsman in there and it loosened up like a champ

·
Registered
531 Posts
The Ham Fisted gorillas at my local dealer tightened my drain plug so tight I ALMOST broke a Craftsman extension but it ended up I broke the Proto ratchet instead! Shoulda used a breaker bar :duh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts