Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched the forum and most of the issues dealt with the either door not closing properly. On my 2000 Odyssey, the driver's side door will move 1/8 of an inch and then won't open further. If I manually open it and try to close it, it does not budge at all. Passenger sliding door is ok. I checked the interior fuse and it was ok. I'll check the hood fuses, but I was thinking that the hood fuses are for BOTH doors, so if they're bad neither door should operate? The Sliding Door idiot light on the dashboard stays lit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried resetting the door logic by taking out the right-interior #13 fuse suggested in another thread to no avail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yankeeredneck said:
dealer........
I still have 2 hands and working brain. Why can't I just bought the dang sensor and replace it myself?

ps. do I need to be a rocket scientist?, dang!

·
Registered
12 Posts
ody00ex said:
I still have 2 hands and working brain. Why can't I just bought the dang sensor and replace it myself?

ps. do I need to be a rocket scientist?, dang!
Find dude. Take the door off and all assorted hardware, take out sensor, go to dealership and purchase sensor, put it back together and you are done!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Is the door locking itself because the fuel fill switch is bad ant the door thinks the fuel door is open?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Happy to hear you got it working and didn't listen to YankeeRedNeck's advice.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once I got the idea from you guys it was the sensor, and reading about the fuse #13 trick in the other thread, the elec. engr./comp. sci. in me said "Pulling out the fuse resets the software to a known relative state", so the relative state must be either the all-the-way-open or all-the-way closed. One boundary condition worked for me, but not the other.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Zilla said:
Once I got the idea from you guys it was the sensor, and reading about the fuse #13 trick in the other thread, the elec. engr./comp. sci. in me said "Pulling out the fuse resets the software to a known relative state", so the relative state must be either the all-the-way-open or all-the-way closed. One boundary condition worked for me, but not the other.
I like your logic! :)
Buffalo4

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a similar problem with the 4-wheel drive servo motor in my '93 Explorer. It would not go back all the way to disengaged position, when you try to engage 4-wheel drive the next time, it won't, cause the CPU thinks it's still engaged. Hammering the casing "iunstuck" it so it would go into 4-wheel drive again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
THANKS SO MUCH! Our drivers door got stuck. About to call the dealer, read the posts and ...closing the door all the way and pulling #13 fixed it. Thanks !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the similar problem. 2010 Honda odyssey driver side sliding door will not open. The passenger side working fine. When I push the door open from dashboard or from key less entry pad, it only gave me 3 peeps. nothing happened. I tried reset fuse #13, disconnect battery. nothing help. Anyone have any other suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts