Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Odyssey 2003 (2nd to least expensive version): AC suddenly stopped working. Air continued to blow in rear; blew intermittently front but neither had cool air. Mechanic spent two hours diagnosing problem and concluded something like this: that an electrical sort killed the heater control board (main board that controls all HVAC systems) and went through that and killed the AC Temp Sensor. Resistor also dead. So have to replace three parts...ultimately will cost just under $1200 to repair. After much reluctance, I decided to get the repair done.

My question: looking for any information that might get money from Honda to help cover repair. Looked thru brief summaries of Technical Service Bulletins and found # 110102 (Component # 353600), with NHTSA Campaign ID # 1005876, with description: Equipment - Electric AC - and talks about AC compressor out, ch eck blower motor....I am looking for this entire Technical Service Bulletin and cannot find them online.

So I want to find this exact TSB AND I am wondering if there are any other suggestions out there.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Hello Joan.

I don't think you will get any $ back from Honda based on your vehicle's age.

The TSB # you quote is a NHTSA number and not a Honda #. Honda's TSBs have the format XX-XXX.

I looked for a Honda TSB related to your issue and found none FWIW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for help. REALLY appreciate your time on looking for relevant TSBs. I have that TSB number and a different NHTSA campaign ID number and even a component number...this is all new to me. In fact, took me about 10 minutes to find my own post to see your answer! But I'll learn. Thanks again. Makes me feel, at a minimum, that my work on this is done!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same problem happened to me on my '02 with 205k miles about three weeks ago. But I was also starting to get transmission slipping and check engine lights for that, so I traded up! My mechanic said a new transmission would be $4k and the car was only worth about $2k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts