Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The emergency/parking break on my 2002 Odyssey doesn't work ... I press it down with zero resistance, and if I put the van in neutral it rolls right down my driveway!! I seem to recall that it's pretty simple to adjust something that fixes this, though I don't recall what. Any advise, or documentation you all can point me to, is greatly appreciated.

tx!
adam

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Did this just start happening? If so sounds like the cable may have broken. If it steadily got worse then your rear brakes may be out of adjustment. Are there drums or disks in the rear?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a while, just getting around to addressing it. How do I identify the cable that needs to be replaced, e.g. where should I look? Is the process for replacing the cable fairly straight forward or a lot of work?

tx!
adam

·
Registered
355 Posts
Since you have an 02 it has to be something with the cable going from the pedal to the rear or in the drums themselves. You actually have both disc and drum brakes, the disc is for stopping and the drums are for the parking brake. My bet would be that the cble has come loose either at the pedal or under the vehicle in the rear where it connects to the drums.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Find the cables going into the rear brake setup behind the wheel and trace them forward. If the single cable going to the pedal is broken or disconnected then where it meets the rear cables will not move when depressed. Attached is a picture from the parts website. The main cable appears to be closer to the driver's side.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts