Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently I have bought a Honda Odyssey in Japan and drove it back to the UK (It was a long trip 馃槀). Now that it's here I need to register it, however one issue I have ran in to is proving the exact age of my Odyssey. I believe it is from 2000 however I'm struggling to pinpoint that accurately and need to for it to be registered with the DVLA. Unfortunately none of my Japanese forms show the age of the car either. Is there any way I can find this out or anyone can help me? I have tried honda but they were unsure also. I'll post details below!

-LA-RA9
-RA9-1053371

Many thanks,
Ross

Registered
Japan to UK - wow, road trip of a lifetime! :)

The model year is usually encoded in the van's serial number. Sorry, I don't have the decoding for the Japanese model. Maybe someone familiar can chime in....

Registered
In 2000, the Japan Odyssey was RA-5 (fwd) or RA-6 (awd). So your year model is several years later. If you look at the 1999-2004 Honda Vehicle Identification Info (VIN Cards) thread, the VIN is a fairly consistent pattern.
On my '96 Isuzu Oasis (same as 1st generation Odyssey) the VIN conirmed manufacture by Honda in Japan. It had a different model for Isuzu in place of RL. And on the door there was a plate that indicated manufacture was in December '95.
I don't think that there is one VIN for domestic market, and a different VIN for export.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts