Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any threads here on how to take pull the head unit out of the dash? Trying to install a Kenwood Woox sub. Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
You finally bought the woox, didn't you. Are you trying to put the woox in the dash?

I was trying to look for Chuck's pics but couldn't find it. I think he closed it down when he sold the Ody.

To take it out, you have to pull the dash plate out held by clips. (I wish I had the pictures.) Bring the shifter down to the lowest gear (I think it's D4) and carefully start from left hand most tip of the plate. You'll have to get your fingers in between the plate and the dash. Carefully work your way around pulling it one clip at a time. There are 9 clips altogether - 5 on top, 1 on the side and 4 at the bottom. See if you can pull up the instructions I sent you on the Kelton sub. You'll find the locations of the clips there.

Once the face plate is removed, the radio is held by 4 bolts, 2 on each side.

Call me at work if you're still having problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I watched the guy from Tweeter remove mine. He just pried the bottom dash face plate out a little and wa-la, popped the whole thing off. He then disconnected 3 or 4 electrical leads to the heater/AC. Removed the mounting screws from the head unit and disconnected a few more electrical leads and that was it. All in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The technician in my local Honda dealer pulled out the dash cover at the bottom (between the pocket and cover) using a flat-head screw driver, when installing the alarm system. I did the same when I installed the CD player by myself.

Before shifting the gear to D4, make sure to set the parking brake. My van moved about 4-foot on my driveway, and it was not safe if the parking brake was not set.

[This message has been edited by Longhorn (edited 03-14-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts