Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my camera and everything was fine. The camera was working so I started to clean up the spliced wire when I tried to cutaway excessive length from the splice. (reverse light wire)

I was zapped a bit. The ground and positive wires touched the metal cutting tool. It shorted out something because the probelms below began!!!

1)Reverse light doesn't work
Brake lights do work
2)Dashboard turns on but within 10 secs entire dashboard turns off!!!!
3)None of my windows go up or down.
4)Cruise control doesn't activate
None of my turn signals work
5) The Blowers in my AC in the front work. But it is blowing hot air. I the compressor is not turning on.
6) The blower in the rear , do not work

7) And I can not get it out of park! I can start the car and push the shift lock button next to the gear shift and then i'm able to drive the car.

I looked online and I replaced the brake light switch but that didn't fix my problem.

I have checked fuses with a tester. Many of them test bad while still connected to fuse box but visually they look fine. For instance while still connected to fuse box under the hood, #7 backup 7.5a fuse shows bad. I replaced it with a new fuse and while it is still shows bad with tester.

Help!!!!!! I think there is relay or a solenoid that died....

I don't know how to check relays, but either way, autozone don't sell them, I have to get them at honda.

I called them and I must pay $108 for them to run diagnostics. plus parts and labor.

help!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
man... sorry to hear.

did you not disconnect the battery?

if you've checked the fuses and replaced what's needed then i would bring to the, gulp, dealer or your choice of honda friendly repair facilities.

good luck!

joel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

Well i had a friend doing the install and no he didn't disconnect the battery...

Darn anyone else with any recommendations before I bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dvpatel,

Sorry for the multiple posts...

I was hoping to just to get more exposure.

I have a 2005 Honda odyssey.

So far looks like this adventure is going to cost me 107$ miniuimn for them to check it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woo hoo i got it fixed.

i brought it to another friend and instead of using a light indictor fuse checker, he used a meter to read 12v.

After checking #11 30A cooling fan and # (under hood) and #22 7.5A IG Meter (drivers side ) were blown!

Once we changed # 22 all sysptoms above started working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this same problem!!! I was installing an aftermarket radio on my 2010 EX-L, and was hooking up the backup camera (using the stock camera connections from the overhead console), and B-O-O-M!!! Everything you mentioned above happened.
I struggled with it ALL DAY, and then stumbled upon this thread.
WHAT A LIFESAVER! I only found #22 blown - changed it out - and everything started working again - PERFECTLY!
YIPPEE!!!!!

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts