Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our 2002 GG last Saturday. I wanted to remove the rear spoiler where the 3rd brake light is. Has this procedure been posted here?

Need guidance. Thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do not know about full spoiler, but if the 2002 is like older ones, be careful removing the red cover over the screw that allows you to remove the brakelight assembly. It breaks very easily.

·
Registered
564 Posts
From my Helm manual:

1. Remove nuts for tailgate spoiler (from inside the tailgate at the top - looks like four of them).
2. Disconnect washer tube (remove access cap from inside tailgate and detach clip)
3. Gently close tailgate and lift on spoiler. Remove brake light connector grommet from taligate and disconnect brake light connector, then remove spoiler. Don't scratch anything!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
564 Posts
You betcha. It's nice to be able to give something back now and again. If you get hung up, let me know. There are pictures in the service manual too, so I should be able to figure it out if you can't find all the little nubbins.

Are you going to paint the spoiler? I plan on doing that. Plus I want to try and retrofit an LED light for the third brake light.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darelldd:
Yes, I'm thinking of having it painted. I find it hard to maintain the matte finish in auto parts stopping short of applying armour all. If I can avoid it, I don't apply armour all or similar type. I've been thninking abour the rocker panels too. I posted a question about this today. Haven't seen any answers yet.

With regards to the LED, do the regular bulbs still burn the lens on the 3rd brake light? If it does, I need to get details on this so I can change the bulb to LED. Are you changing the socket to accept the LED?

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts