Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a Honda certified used 07 EXL with Nav and RES. I read in my owners manual that I should have a backup camera but I don't. I am also missing the remote and headphones for the RES. I also only got one key and two key fobs. According to the certification checklist I should have two keys. There is nothing on the checklist about the camera and remote and headphones. Should the Honda dealer where I bought the vehicle install my backup camera and get me a remote and headphones or am I screwed. I would appreciate any info on this matter. I thought if buying certified used everything would be in working order.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Make a thread about it...?

Do you have a hole above the license plate where your camera should be... or does your display simply not show the area behind you when you put it in reverse? Two different things.

I would think the remote would be included with your purchase, if you have a checklist of included items provided by the dealer pre-delivery. And you should probably have a couple of headphones too (although they're cheap as dirt on eBay, just get single-channel, stereo, wireless car headphones similar to these, and you're good to go).

So go talk to your Dealer tomorrow... And get them to make you a key while you're at it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is a hole above the license plate where the camera should be.
Then go back to your dealer, and say the following:

"Hi... I just bought a Honda certified used 07 EXL with Nav and RES from you. I read in my owners manual that I should have a backup camera, but I don't. I am also missing the remote, and headphones for the RES. I also only got one key and two key fobs. According to the certification checklist, I should have two keys. There is nothing on the checklist about the camera and remote and headphones, but clearly, they should be included with the package I got."

Then say nothing further and await their response, which will reveal all.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I assume you looked at the rear view mirror when you were in reverse. I believe that's where you see the image and not on the nav but I could be wrong. But if the camera is missing I guess my comment doesn't help.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The backup camera in the rearview mirror was only available in 2008, 2009, and 2010 on EXL and EXL w/DVD Odys. All of the NAV equipped EXL's and Touring's sold during those years had the camera monitor integrated into the NAV screen.

Also, I don't mean to sound sarcastic, or make you sound dumb, but I have seen people make this mistake before. You are aware that the remote does not look like a traditional remote. The control panel that is mounted in the ceiling releases and becomes the remote. I have seen people not realize this and they expected there to be two different control panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts