Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have my new to me 2008 Odyssey Touring and yesterday at Sonic drive in my wife and I realized that the previous owner left about 100+ addresses in the NAV system plus their home address and phone number. I managed to replace the home address and phone number. The issue is while I figured out how to delete a single address from the NAV system I cannot find a way to delete ALL of the addresses at the same time or with a few steps. It takes about 30 seconds to delete a single address so it would be quite painful to delete every one individually. Any way to delete them all?

I read the Navigation manual and also searched the forums and didn't find a thread about deleting all the addresses. Maybe that is why the previous owner didn't delete them?

I do have to say they have the same taste in stores we do but they lived in Dallas so they don't help us much here in Austin :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I read the thread title "Help me get rid of the previous owner"...I laughed my gut off!!! Maybe hire a hitman LOL. OK enough joking around...

OK back to business, why don't you ask the local dealer if they have a solution for you.

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
How To Clear the Memory on a DVD-based Navigation System

Okay so I have my new to me 2008 Odyssey Touring and yesterday at Sonic drive in my wife and I realized that the previous owner left about 100+ addresses in the NAV system plus their home address and phone number. I managed to replace the home address and phone number. The issue is while I figured out how to delete a single address from the NAV system I cannot find a way to delete ALL of the addresses at the same time or with a few steps. It takes about 30 seconds to delete a single address so it would be quite painful to delete every one individually. Any way to delete them all?

I read the Navigation manual and also searched the forums and didn't find a thread about deleting all the addresses. Maybe that is why the previous owner didn't delete them?

I do have to say they have the same taste in stores we do but they lived in Dallas so they don't help us much here in Austin :)
Here is the Honda Service News article from December 2010 about how to do this:

Clear All Personal Information Before Selling a Used Vehicle
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/A10120I.PDF

Since it does not give the steps, here is what you need to do:

Note: Mem Clear is for factory use, and should never be used unless instructed by the factory. Accidental selection will erase the customer's personal data, PINS, and settings. If selected, a pop-up box appears asking if you want to clear the memory. If so, select Yes.

Steps:

Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.

Press and hold the Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel buttons and keep them pressed for about 5 seconds. The display screen then goes directly to the Diagnostic Menu.

Select Unit Check.

Select Navi ECU.

Select Mem Clear.

Good luck.....let us know how it went.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I was so dense. I actually searched for delete all addresses and only about 10 to 12 threads came back and none had the info. I should have tried Erase but I was dense. I figured delete would work since that is the title on the button in the NAVI device.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll try this this weekend. I saw the van will have to be driven some and my wife won't let me take it to work because it is too new.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The other option is hire a little kid and ask him/her to sit there and delete the whole thing (some 100 addresses) for you.

Pay him/her an ice cream.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry I was so dense. I actually searched for delete all addresses and only about 10 to 12 threads came back and none had the info. I should have tried Erase but I was dense...
Don't feel bad. dvpatel is in the upper 99th percentile of all searchers. He's gifted you know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't feel bad. dvpatel is in the upper 99th percentile of all searchers. He's gifted you know.
haha I try my best to search before I ask again but I probably give up way to early :) I wish I had the gift of search. That would be awesome then I wouldn't have to ask my wife where all my stuff is at. She has the gift of search not me :)

The other option is hire a little kid and ask him/her to sit there and delete the whole thing (some 100 addresses) for you.

Pay him/her an ice cream.

haha Great idea!

I would try my daughter but about 2 addresses in she would complain and quit. She is very high maintenance. The 2 year old would just add addresses to the unit.

Okay on to my next question. I went through all my paperwork, manuals, etc.. looking for the codes for the stereo and NAV and couldn't find them. I figured they would be in there because everything else under the sun is in there. I even found a speeding ticket from the original owners. Someone had a lead foot!

Anyway on the glove box are two stickers. They look like they could be codes but I am not sure. Each sticker has 2 numbers on it. One has a 4 digit number with digits ranging from 0-9 and a very long number. The other has a 5 digit number with digits ranging from 0-6 and another long number. I am assuming the second is for the radio because it has digits less than 6 while the 4 digit number is for the NAV. Is this correct or are they just part number stickers or something like that?

Here is a picture (Notice the two white stickers on the glove box. One is not very visible in the photo sorry):

·
Registered
380 Posts
Generally yes, those are the radio/NAV security codes. You'll need those if you change the battery etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Generally yes, those are the radio/NAV security codes. You'll need those if you change the battery etc.
Thanks I knew I needed the nav code if I reset the nav system to get rid of the addresses. I just wanted confirmation that those were indeed the codes because I was confused about the extra number on the sticker. I think that might be the serial number of the unit.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Man...that is dangerous

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the Honda Service News article from December 2010 about how to do this:

Clear All Personal Information Before Selling a Used Vehicle
LinkDeny

Since it does not give the steps, here is what you need to do:

Note: Mem Clear is for factory use, and should never be used unless instructed by the factory. Accidental selection will erase the customer's personal data, PINS, and settings. If selected, a pop-up box appears asking if you want to clear the memory. If so, select Yes.

Steps:

Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.

Press and hold the Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel buttons and keep them pressed for about 5 seconds. The display screen then goes directly to the Diagnostic Menu.

Select Unit Check.

Select Navi ECU.

Select Mem Clear.

Good luck.....let us know how it went.
Thanks these steps worked! I took it for a drive after doing this and everything seems to be good. I put our first tank of gas in. I think the Odyssey gets about the same mileage as our Pilot. That isn't too bad I was hoping for a mpg or 2 better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts