Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a used 2007 ex-L. It came with two black keys, a valet key, and a broken fob. The fob still worked bit the back was gone and the battery was taped in. I bought a new case for the fob and switched over the electronics. Now the fob doesn't work and the alarm goes off when I use my key. I can't even drive my new car! Help please! I looked in the manual but can't find a solution.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've never had the alarm go off when using the key regardless of how it was locked. This is definitely an odd issue.

Did you try swapping everything back over to the old housing and just replacing the back? That may help somewhat, it may also do nothing. It might have an aftermarket alarm system which would make this a pain

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
You will need to get that fob working again so you can officially turn that alarm off. It sounded like your alarm cycle is still on (assuming it is the OEM honda alarm which original came with the van).

You could try to disconnect the neg side of the battery and hope that it would erase the alarm memory and get you back to the normal driving w/o the alarm going off. Hence, I have never tried that. Be sure that you have the radio code and other codes like GPS on hand before you disconnect the battery, or you will have another new set of issues.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You will need to get that fob working again so you can officially turn that alarm off. It sounded like your alarm cycle is still on (assuming it is the OEM honda alarm which original came with the van).

You could try to disconnect the neg side of the battery and hope that it would erase the alarm memory and get you back to the normal driving w/o the alarm going off. Hence, I have never tried that. Be sure that you have the radio code and other codes like GPS on hand before you disconnect the battery, or you will have another new set of issues.
The thing is, Honda alarms shouldn't do this when you use the key after locking with the remote. I always lock my car with the remote and my dad has the habit of unlocking with the key, this has never set off the alarm on my Accord (2007), his old Odyssey (2001), my parents current Odyssey (2009) or my uncle's Odyssey (2007).

That was something manufacturers would do when keys were easy to duplicate at almost any hardware store, but these keys are harder to get copies of

·
Registered
595 Posts
The thing is, Honda alarms shouldn't do this when you use the key after locking with the remote. I always lock my car with the remote and my dad has the habit of unlocking with the key, this has never set off the alarm on my Accord (2007), his old Odyssey (2001), my parents current Odyssey (2009) or my uncle's Odyssey (2007).

That was something manufacturers would do when keys were easy to duplicate at almost any hardware store, but these keys are harder to get copies of

I am NOT saying his opening of the door by a key triggered his alarm.

Because his alarm was triggered, it will need to be disarmed by a fob first before everything can go back to normal. Right now the system thinks there is an intrusion.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am NOT saying his opening of the door by a key triggered his alarm.

Because his alarm was triggered, it will need to be disarmed by a fob first before everything can go back to normal. Right now the system thinks there is an intrusion.
Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure if that was what you meant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts