Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 ody that i want to install an aftermarket fogs.-- i find it pricey if a independent shop will install. So how can i remove step by step the bumper? Or if someone here knows a shop here in cleveland, ohio that is reasonably priced? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 2011 ody that i want to install an aftermarket fogs.-- i find it pricey if a independent shop will install. So how can i remove step by step the bumper? Or if someone here knows a shop here in cleveland, ohio that is reasonably priced? Thanks
Hope this helps:

:D

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Go to HandA-Accessories and download the install instructions for the fogs. They are official Honda install instructions with illustrations. Look 'em over and then decide if you want to pay to install or DYI.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Which fogs are you going with? I just ordered OEM's and will be doing an install myself. I think it should be easy enough to complete under an hour. Let us know how it went, oh yeah we'll need some pics too :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which fogs are you going with? I just ordered OEM's and will be doing an install myself. I think it should be easy enough to complete under an hour. Let us know how it went, oh yeah we'll need some pics too :)
Vthehonda, i'm still thinking if im going to do it. Its my wifes van and she dont want me doing it-- call it not my department. Haha.

Secondly, we are moving to a new haus and i dont think i have d luxury of doing it now. Probably i'll do it next year.. Thats why i want a shop to just install it BUT they like want to charge $150-200.. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to HandA-Accessories and download the install instructions for the fogs. They are official Honda install instructions with illustrations. Look 'em over and then decide if you want to pay to install or DYI.
Hey dv.. I checked both the handA instruction and its pretty much the same as the video posted above. However, i want to install an aftermaket fog amd it will have a dedicated switch jsut for the fog-- reason why i want also an indie shop do the install...

Will see, if they lower the price i'll definetly go and have them install it.. I dont wanna do it. Hehe

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Hey dv.. I checked both the handA instruction and its pretty much the same as the video posted above. However, i want to install an aftermaket fog amd it will have a dedicated switch jsut for the fog-- reason why i want also an indie shop do the install...

Will see, if they lower the price i'll definetly go and have them install it.. I dont wanna do it. Hehe
Yes. But you only asked for instructions on bumper removal which would be identical regardless of factory fogs or after market fogs. If I were in your shoes, I would save the installation money and use that to spend towards the factory fogs as they're truly plug-and-play and will install cleanly without splicing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's a 2.5 hour install... If you install fogs for a living, you can probably do it in an hour.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. But you only asked for instructions on bumper removal which would be identical regardless of factory fogs or after market fogs. If I were in your shoes, I would save the installation money and use that to spend towards the factory fogs as they're truly plug-and-play and will install cleanly without splicing.
Dv, as we know oem is not the best there is.. I plan on getting the hella micro de fogs.

Bm, so $150-200 install is way too much.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look kinda ricey for me, I'd stick with the OEM :)
ricey? whats that word? I may be older than what i thought. hahaha. post some pics of ur oem fogs and lets compare ( if I go ahead with the install).

REMEMBER THIS IS FOG LIGHTS NOT HEADLIGHTS!!

I'll chose yellow bulb (more like 3000K)-- you can google why it best for severe weather.

cheers

·
Banned
80 Posts
ricey? whats that word? I may be older than what i thought. hahaha. post some pics of ur oem fogs and lets compare ( if I go ahead with the install).

REMEMBER THIS IS FOG LIGHTS NOT HEADLIGHTS!!

I'll chose yellow bulb (more like 3000K)-- you can google why it best for severe weather.

cheers
Whats that bottle down there? lol.
I'll post some pics when I am done. Honestly why would you want to go with an aftermarket when OEM fits, performs and compliments this van so much better, not to mention extra switch, splicing and potential warranty complications?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey guys, wanted to ask if someone on board has DIY on removing the headlight assembly? from the video/instruction it looks like after you remove the bumper you can access the headlight assembly.. any inputs appreciated.. (just preparing myself for an upcoming project--I'll post it here :))

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey guys, wanted to ask if someone on board has DIY on removing the headlight assembly? from the video/instruction it looks like after you remove the bumper you can access the headlight assembly.. any inputs appreciated.. (just preparing myself for an upcoming project--I'll post it here :))
I just installed the trailer hitch kit, fogs, side molding, splash gaurds, and roof rails. The fogs would be easy by themselves, you just have to be brave and go for it and rip the bumper cover off.

The headlights are easy to remove after the bumper cover is off, there are 2 bolts on top and two underneath, and one in the bracket under the light so five total. Remove or loosen the bracket under the light and pull the light straight out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just installed the trailer hitch kit, fogs, side molding, splash gaurds, and roof rails. The fogs would be easy by themselves, you just have to be brave and go for it and rip the bumper cover off.

The headlights are easy to remove after the bumper cover is off, there are 2 bolts on top and two underneath, and one in the bracket under the light so five total. Remove or loosen the bracket under the light and pull the light straight out.
oh boy, I tried removing the headlight assembly today. and that one screw under the bracket is PITA!

oh well, its partly my fault also.. for some odd reason I didn't have the particular size in my tool set..:rollingeyes: so i used pliers instead.

gonna try again friday or saturday (i'm sooo excited about my retro)

·
Registered
39 Posts
oh boy, I tried removing the headlight assembly today. and that one screw under the bracket is PITA!

oh well, its partly my fault also.. for some odd reason I didn't have the particular size in my tool set..:rollingeyes: so i used pliers instead.

gonna try again friday or saturday (i'm sooo excited about my retro)
Oh Man, I forgot how much of a pain that one was until you reminded me. I used a long extension connected to a drill to remove to one facing out, and a small ratchet and small extension to get the one underneath. Mine were all 10mm, if that helps.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh Man, I forgot how much of a pain that one was until you reminded me. I used a long extension connected to a drill to remove to one facing out, and a small ratchet and small extension to get the one underneath. Mine were all 10mm, if that helps.

10mm.. OK. I thought that was like 8 or 18. hehe

well see if I can do it next time. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks tatunka. I succesfully did it.

however I have a question, I find it hard to re-aligned the bumper. in doing so I prioritize how it looks like on overall finish.. the problem is that at the bottom were we screw it--- the holes are just partly open leaving me no choice but to leave those hole and just screw the ones with complete holes open.... is this gonna be a problem ( my take on these is that its NOT gonna fall-off so Im okay with it for now)

any thoughts.. thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts