Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

07' Ody EX with 75K. Never had an issue until now. Wife was pulling in the sub today and a CEL came on. The traction control VSA triangle and VSA light were on along with D flashing on the trans. It would not go past 3K.

After each restart it takes a random amount of time (within minutes though) for the VSA and blinking D to come on. Prior to that it drives normal with just the CEL.

I found this:

TSB # 09-042 Damaged Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) Causes the MIL to Come On With DTC P0344
Applies To: 2005–07 Odyssey – ALL
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A09-042.PDF

What to do next?

Autozone does not have the sensor in stock and the dealer is closed. I'm ticked that we are out of warranty.

Can I access it without yanking the valve cover?

Do I have any ground to stand on since this was a known problem with the TSB?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Wife needs to drive this to work in the morning so I reset the ECU, code is gone, but I'm sure it will be back. Let me know guys.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.

From the manual, you have to take off the drive belt, the crankshaft pulley and the lower and upper front covers so you can reach the crankshaft, where the sensor is...

Nicolas

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

07' Ody EX with 75K. Never had an issue until now. Wife was pulling in the sub today and a CEL came on. The traction control VSA triangle and VSA light were on along with D flashing on the trans. It would not go past 3K.

After each restart it takes a random amount of time (within minutes though) for the VSA and blinking D to come on. Prior to that it drives normal with just the CEL.

I found this:

TSB # 09-042 Damaged Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) Causes the MIL to Come On With DTC P0344
Applies To: 2005–07 Odyssey – ALL
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A09-042.PDF

What to do next?

Autozone does not have the sensor in stock and the dealer is closed. I'm ticked that we are out of warranty.

Can I access it without yanking the valve cover?

Do I have any ground to stand on since this was a known problem with the TSB?
Hi all, just registered to be a member. I think this TSB may have the answer to my problem but the link is not working for me. How can I get this TSB info?

Thanks, Newbie.

·
Registered
13,444 Posts
@mschmidt, I am having the exact same issue. What did you end up doing to fix your problem?
Your problem may be different than the problem here, even though the dash indications are the same. I'd recommend starting your own thread and we can go through your exact symptoms and see if we can give you some direction. I'd start with getting any codes from the PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts