Honda Odyssey Forum banner

HELP Please - Rear Brake replacement - 2 metal clips fell out?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sdmfer 
Hey guys, my rear brake job just came to a halt. I pulled off the old rotor and these 2 clips were inside the drivers side rotor when I pulled it off (see pic, both are the same, took pic with one flipped over).

Where do these go?? I'm assuming they're part of the ebrake assembly, but have no clue where they go before I put the new rotor on.

Aside from that, there are also 2 metal push pin type things that push through from the inside of the shroud. What are these things? Are they just to hold the ebrake assembly while the new rotor slips over the hub? COnfuSEd here too.

Thanks a million in advance folks. Please help me :(
That looks like parking brake clips. Look behind rotor hub. You will see parking brake assembly. See if anything got loose. In YouTube, ericthecarguy has video clips for drum brake replacement. That might help you where those parts go.

I hope this help.

That looks like parking brake clips. Look behind rotor hub. You will see parking brake assembly. See if anything got loose. In YouTube, ericthecarguy has video clips for drum brake replacement. That might help you where those parts go.

I hope this help.
Yup. I just check service manual. It looks exactly like retainer spring. If you see parking brake shoe's(U shape brake pad)middle, you will see where those clip should attached.

If you are still confused, watch ericthecarguy video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.