Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi OdyClub community,

I was responsible for taking care of an A1/3 (Change Engine Oil & Transmission Fluid) on the maintenance minder and while my parents were gone I messed up and totally forgot to do it because I didn't drive our Minivan for a while. Now this morning I started it up and I tried to get it into gear it wouldn't move, at all. It could reverse perfectly and move forward but when I tried to give it gas it was as if it was dead. I am from Toronto so I don't know if cold weather also affects this or if it was just the fact that I didn't get it serviced. I will say again, it goes into gear as necessary BUT if I try to give it gas it won't move.

If anyone knows anything about this or has been through a similar problem please help, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Check your ATF level properly. Search forum for procedure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
additionally, it could be the transmission select cable. You might try moving further down the selector (lower gears), see if anything happens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
having this similar problem..... my ATF fluid was changed out in the january 2010 with honda ATF and i checked the fluid it was within the normal limits as per the dipstick. thing is, when the car is "cold" i can go forward or reverse but after maybe 30-60 seconds, when i go into drive or reverse its as if its in neutral when i give it gas it doesnt go.

when selecting a gear, i wouldnt feel the trans "grab" the gears. when i use to select reverse or drive, i could feel the car get into reverse or drive. went into the gears two and one and it doesnt move but after messing with it some, it could go forward and reverse. anyone else think it could be the transmission select cable or something of that nature or maybe my ATF fluid is bad? its still a reddish color.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Doubt very much it had anything to do with forgetting the maintainance minder.
+1 to that. It's got absolutely nothing to do with the MM prompts.

What year Ody are we talking about? How many miles on it??

·
Registered
24 Posts
my car is a 2006 touring. just broke 88K miles last week. it also needs an oil change so i might just do that and the simple drain and fill with new fluids to check it again before i call triple A again to tow it to my independant shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts