Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2019 Honda Odyssey. I’m sure the questions I have have been asked before, but I can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for. For some reason I have no HDMI access in my car. I also have no “rear entertainment” icon on the front dashboard. I think that is what is throwing me off here.

I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to connect my phone to the rear entertainment system. I have tried using a usb connection and it doesn’t work. Is there a way to stream from my phone?Maybe with an HDMI to USB adapter?

Also is there a way to connect regular headphones to the rear system to avoid the wireless ones that come with the car? I have two toddlers and they don’t like the way the wireless ones fit their heads.

Any and all help appreciated!

·
Registered
2022 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
It sounds as though the Rear Entertainment icon is hidden from your Home Screen. Look at pages 296-300 in the Owners Manual to Add/Remove icons. You should be able to select the HDMI input once you click on the Rear Entertainment icon.

I use the following adapter to connect my iPhone or iPad to the HDMI port and have it play on the rear entertainment screen. Audio comes through the car speakers and wireless headsets. Note, you will also require a HDMI cable.

I think the wired headphone input jacks are located in the third row.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds as though the Rear Entertainment icon is hidden from your Home Screen. Look at pages 296-300 in the Owners Manual to Add/Remove icons. You should be able to select the HDMI input once you click on the Rear Entertainment icon.

I use the following adapter to connect my iPhone or iPad to the HDMI port and have it play on the rear entertainment screen. Audio comes through the car speakers and wireless headsets. Note, you will also require a HDMI cable.

I think the wired headphone input jacks are located in the third row.
I tried looking for and adding the app and also did a system update over WiFi but I don’t see it listed still. I also have no HDMI port where my owners manual tells me to find it. I have an lightning cord and HDMI cable but because of the above I have no where to plug it in. So strange!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I tried looking for and adding the app and also did a system update over WiFi but I don’t see it listed still. I also have no HDMI port where my owners manual tells me to find it. I have an lightning cord and HDMI cable but because of the above I have no where to plug it in. So strange!
It really helps us figure out some areas - if you post what your year and model type is. I have it in my sigature line area so I do not have to post it everytime. oN THE ODY CLUB line above on the right side select your icon (cbn1). Next on the menu select Account Settings, next select on the left sidebar of the screen under Settings, select Signature, now you are at the area for your signature or ODY info, mods you have done, childrens names, or anything your hearts desires, be sure to keep it clean and respectful than save it It will go back to all your messages and apply this signature.

Reactions: Blue Crab
1 - 4 of 4 Posts