Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Help! Red dot on video screen!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tnuckels 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have been a lurker here for sometime now, and last night I finally picked up my new 02 MB EXL-Res. Love it so far. Only one problem that I noticed, there is a red dot as one of the pixels on the video display. It is on no matter what disk is in. Anybody know anyway to fix this? Should I make a trip back to the dealer? Will this be a huge problem to fix? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, MR! Sounds like you just got a defective display - take it back to the dealer; it should be replaced under warranty. Might take awhile for them to order in a replacement screen, I doubt they keep those in stock. I'd take the van in and at least show the defect to the service manager ASAP just so you'll have it on record.

#3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MagicRat:
...Only one problem that I noticed, there is a red dot as one of the pixels on the video display. It is on no matter what disk is in....</font>
There has been discussion here about whether or not any bad pixels should be accepted. It has been argued that screen manufacturers allow themselves a margin of error and that a certain number or percentage of bad pixels is acceptable.

Because we're paying a lot of money for these vans, I'd say that the only acceptable number of bad pixels is ZERO.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

#4 ·
My RRP EXLRES does not appear to have any bad pixels. I need to look at it real close to see. If I had one bad pixel, I'd try to get it fixed. I know with laptops, you have to have a certain number of bad pixels for the manufacturers to replace them (like 8 to 15). Our Ody's cost a bit more than a laptop, so if I were you I'd try to have it replaced.

#5 ·
My replacement screen (under warrantee) is waiting for me at the dealer as I write. Here's the thread, one of several, that discuss this subject: http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000271.html
------------------------------------------------------------------
’90 4Runner – lacking for a family of 5
’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES – my new best friend

tnuckels

[This message has been edited by tnuckels (edited 11-02-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.