Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I really need some help with this one.

The roof is leaking into the front overhead lights between the drivers and passenger seats.

How do I fix this?:huh:

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Are you sure its the roof and not condensation accumulating over there? Do you see any holes in the roof? The roof is sealed from the factory and I believe its one piece.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definately rain water. Normally the Odyssey sits in the garage, but it had to sit out last night and there were heavy storms.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Did you have the windshield replaced recently? Faulty seal around the windshield could cause a water leak. Other areas to seal are the roof rails and any rivets/bolts under the headliner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windshield is original. How do I take down the head liner and how to I reinstall?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Sorry didn't have coffee yet this morning. I misread your post and believed you were saying the leak was in the passenger cabin in the middle of the van and not the front. I am with NDNV. The leak has to be in the windshield seal if you are getting the leak on that front overhead light.

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey EX-L RES
277 Posts
Same thing was happening with my Ody a while back. It was the windshield seal.

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey EX-L RES
277 Posts
How did you have this fixed?
Had the gasket around the window replaced. Apparently it goes from top center, all the way around and meets again at top center. There is an overlap there, it is not solid. As it ages, it shrinks and pulls apart creating a small leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts