Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2002 Odyssey in July. Once I got this home I noticed a small oil leak. I took this back to get this repaired at the dealer at their cost. They told me this was a leaking head gasket, went to repair it and found a blown gasket. So they ended up replaced the engine, at no cost to me. So of course I was fine with this. I got the van back in within a day the engine and tcs light came on. I returned this to them and they changed the spark plugs and coils. About 20 miles later the TCS and engine light was back on. So back to the shop for the 3rd time. This time they replaced the EGR valve. Picked the van up last night. Drove it for 12.2 miles and what do you know. The lights are back on. It is running fine. No slipping transmission, no engine stall, etc. I have read everything I can about what is causing this problem. Any ideas??? I am AGAIN taking the van back to the dealer tonight for the 4th time. Granted I am out no money but taking it over and over is making me crazier then I already am.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
P0325 is a Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Have you checked the circuit first before you replace the sensor? You need to check the knock sensor connector, the PCM connector terminal and the ground, the wire from PCM to knock sensor connector, the knock sensor subharness, and finally the PCM. If all checks are fine, substitute the knock sensor.

I would just locate the knock sensor and reseat the wire harness connector to it and clear the code to see if it returns after a few drive cycles first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It throws different codes every time. P1201 P1491 P1300. Just depends on the day. The EGR passages have been cleaned, all coils and plugs have been replaced. Wiring Harness is fine. Grounds are good. The dealer is now adjusting the valves today apparently. The van is running fine I just want this fixed correctly. No one can seem to figure out why these lights keep coming back on.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
P0325 is a Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Have you checked the circuit first before you replace the sensor? You need to check the knock sensor connector, the PCM connector terminal and the ground, the wire from PCM to knock sensor connector, the knock sensor subharness, and finally the PCM. If all checks are fine, substitute the knock sensor.

I would just locate the knock sensor and reseat the wire harness connector to it and clear the code to see if it returns after a few drive cycles first.
Often times the knock sensor code is because a critter chewed the wire right at the sensor. There's a thread about this somewhere with pictures. I had to replace mine, seems chipmunks like the taste of the wire. The sensor is almost dead center on the top of the engine. You can see it with a flash light if you know where to look but sadly much of the intake has to be removed to replace it.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If you are throwing different erratic codes I would have the battery and the charging system checked out by a good mechanic. Also all ground lugs and battery cables. Sporadic codes can be caused by too much electrical noise in the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I picked it up last night from the dealer. 40 miles and no check engine light or TCS light back on yet so we will see. The Knock Sensor was fine and all the wiring is ok. That is actually one of the first things checked for. If it comes back on I will get the battery and charging system checked out. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I picked it up last night from the dealer. 40 miles and no check engine light or TCS light back on yet so we will see. The Knock Sensor was fine and all the wiring is ok. That is actually one of the first things checked for. If it comes back on I will get the battery and charging system checked out. Hoping for the best.
is everythting okay now? my tcs and engine light just turned on, whats the first thing that i should do? thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
You should pull the code for the check engine light using an OBDII scanner. If you do not have one, you can go to an autozone or any car parts store and they will do it for free. Once you get the code, search the forums for that code. Also, did you notice anything else out if the ordinary when the tcs and check engine light turned on?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts