Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I may have blow it... Everything went well with the idle problem and now a bigger problem. With the engine cover off I decided to use engine de-greaser and clean the engine area real good, and spray off. I used compressed air carefully to blow off any remaining water and ran at idle for 5 minutes and held engine at 2500 for 4 minutes and the fans cycled 2 times. Everything was fine and smooth. I let it cool down for an hour.

I de-greased and sprayed off. Everything was fine. I decided to go into town and after 4-5 minutes the TCS light and engine light came on. when I picked up speed engine cut power and stalled. I pull over, turn off ignition and starts fine and go again. Pick up speed and then again. this happened 20 times and had to coast turn off ignition in nutral and restart to get home at least 20 times. I took off battery cables to clear the codes and ecm. Engine light went off, but the TCS light is on (won't go off manually) and I think the TCS is stuck on. I thought something may have got wet. I hope I did not fry something. Looked for a fuse to pull for the TCS and could not locate.

Any suggestions on this one??? Thanks

Blessings,
AMS

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I know it is nice to have a clean engine bay...But, Water and electricity do not mix. I would rather have a dirty motor than take a hose to it.

More than likely something got wet. Is there anyway you can put it in a heated garage with the hood up to let it dry out.....Hopefully when it dries it will be ok. Water will corrode connectors.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wild willy said:
I know it is nice to have a clean engine bay...But, Water and electricity do not mix. I would rather have a dirty motor than take a hose to it.

More than likely something got wet. Is there anyway you can put it in a heated garage with the hood up to let it dry out.....Hopefully when it dries it will be ok. Water will corrode connectors.....
I pulled some things apart dried connections, let dry out and connected everything and everything works perfect now. Problem is I need to clear the ABS, and TCS lights and codes without scanner. Is there a way to reset the whole sysytem. I don;t feel like spending $80 if I don't need too. Any suggestions? Thank God nothing else happened.

Blessings,
AMS

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
ABS cannot be reset with a scanner. You need to have the ABS codes and fix the problem first then reset the codes. Instructions are in the OEM service manual or search the forum for them.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Autozone cleared all my codes for me a couple of years ago....For FREE

·
Registered
664 Posts
am124es2 said:
Well I may have blow it... Everything went well with the idle problem and now a bigger problem. With the engine cover off I decided to use engine de-greaser and clean the engine area real good, and spray off. I used compressed air carefully to blow off any remaining water and ran at idle for 5 minutes and held engine at 2500 for 4 minutes and the fans cycled 2 times. Everything was fine and smooth. I let it cool down for an hour.

I de-greased and sprayed off. Everything was fine. I decided to go into town and after 4-5 minutes the TCS light and engine light came on. when I picked up speed engine cut power and stalled. I pull over, turn off ignition and starts fine and go again. Pick up speed and then again. this happened 20 times and had to coast turn off ignition in nutral and restart to get home at least 20 times. I took off battery cables to clear the codes and ecm. Engine light went off, but the TCS light is on (won't go off manually) and I think the TCS is stuck on. I thought something may have got wet. I hope I did not fry something. Looked for a fuse to pull for the TCS and could not locate.

Any suggestions on this one??? Thanks

Blessings,
AMS
The only thing that could stall it like that would be the fuel system or the solenoids on the transmission. Start with the connectors around the transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts